Need root confirmation!

sjackson007

Reaction score
I'd like to hear from some first day users if they have obtained root access. Not any of this my friend has or somebody at android central has, But a first hand user on this forum. No screen shots required ill believe you

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

groove9281

Reaction score
Just rooted and superuser appears to be working.

I used the Droid 3 MotorolaOneClickRoot.exe method.

Now I need to find a way to get Wireless Tether working without paying.

Kroger

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation. Root successful, but so far a no go on tether apps. I've tried Barnacle and the android wifi tether app on google source code.

Just rooted and superuser appears to be working.

I used the Droid 3 MotorolaOneClickRoot.exe method.

Now I need to find a way to get Wireless Tether working without paying.

Kelden21

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation. Root successful, but so far a no go on tether apps. I've tried Barnacle and the android wifi tether app on google source code.

Root successful. Not sure what trouble you're having with tethering, but PDA Net works perfectly for me. No problems so far.

combatmedic870

Reaction score

Download the tbh app. It has a tethering patch for wifi tethering and keeps you from getting the subscription screen.
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ProCompSolutions

Reaction score
I have the TBH app and nothing is there for Bionic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

idefiler6

Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend trying a wireless tether until a custom ROM is released. You could inadvertently end up having to switch to a tiered data plan and be charged for the tethering plan.

lgalcarte

Reaction score
Yup, I Rooted First Day!

After spending HOURS trying to set up my phone without Titanium Backup and Ad-Free, I just couldn't take it anymore. I did the one-click root and so far so good.

Titanium Backup restored my data to the apps I couldn't recover the data for. And no more ads. Man, you just don't realize how many apps have ads these days! What a nuisance!

Missing my pull down quick menu for wifi, bluetooth, GPS, tho... Was rocking Steel Droid on my OG Droid. This phone is really the same thing just more power and faster.

Corradokid05

Reaction score

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Prime- I downloaded v3.1 as you posted, but didnt see any option for "profiles" in the settings of wifi tether.... am I missing something?
Thanks ahead!

Its the first option item from menu -> settings -> device-profiles

451d2094-0013-409e.jpg

451d2094-0028-6e70.jpg