HTC Thunderbolt Already Rooted

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
rootedtb.jpg

The HTC Thunderbolt has been out for about -11 days, and already it has seen its first root attempt that led to a successful hack. They used was a pre-production Thunderbolt which they successfully rooted, cracked the internal memory, and installed Clockwork Recovery.

This means when you get your hands on the device, whenever it's released, you'll be able to root it as soon as you get home, and enjoy the unrestricted world of Android.

Source: Thunderbolt gets root and NAND access | Android Central
XDA: In the Name of Root [We Did It] - xda-developers

Last edited by a moderator:

want a droid

Reaction score
That is if there are no changes between pre-production and final release product.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Word...this is why htc is where i will invest my money as long as the phone isn't $700 with out a contract...as droid life reported. There is alot of merrit in being able to root this and this makes it a more valuable phone than any moto phone to me. Awesome.

sent from my rooted nook color

Joebroni

Reaction score
Long live HTC. If Moto goes through with their encrypted junk, HTC's profits will only continue skyrocketing!

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It was a preproduction device with an S-OFF bootloader, I just had koush cook up a recovery real quick..... I will assume the p production devices will be a bit harder.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Remember when a Motorola manager tweeted that they weren't interested in those who wanted the ability to mod and that they should just go elsewhere because they were essentially persona non grata?

OK.

moosez3

Reaction score
awesome hopefully the released one will be this easy!

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Well lets just hope the production HTC phones for VZW will be rootable and be able to use a custom kernel and then CM will be an option... I'll be waiting for one of their dual cores but still hoping they stay friendly to the hacking community.

Storm Aiden

Reaction score
It will be pretty pre mature to say regarding the method used for rooting and in our opinion, these watermarked images can be misleading as well. You can get in discussion over this at the XDA thread posted here and find out for your self if this is legit or not. We will keep you updated regarding any other developments that take place in this regard so stay tuned.
There is loads of development taking place regarding Thunderbolt root and unlock at the official ANDIRC channel. Join the party by clicking here now!
Thunderbolt-Root-1.png

piquat

Reaction score
Word...this is why htc is where i will invest my money

Heh, taking this seriously, I went and checked HTC's stock price.:icon_eek:
Maybe I'll just short some moto at some point instead. LOL