Need new wall Charger for Rezound...Recommendations?

Xander Crews

Reaction score
So I left one of my wall chargers in a hotel when we were on vacation in Georgia earlier this year and I want to replace it. I have one at work, one in the bedroom at home and I'd like to have one in the living room in our basement.

There are 10,000 different chargers out there, some for a penny and some for $30. (I'm not spending $30 on a flipping charger)
I'm looking at this one...it seems to be the same one that I have from my D2.
Amazon.com: Motorola P557 USB Wall Charger with Micro USB Data Cable - Bulk Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories$4.50 seems like a good buy...as long as it is legit...and it does get good reviews.

This one appears to be an original HTC charger, but it got horrible reviews and some say it is counterfeit:
Amazon.com: OEM HTC USB Travel Charger Adapter U250 / CNR6300 / 79H00095-14M: Cell Phones & Accessories

Which one do you guys recommend? Not really between those two choices, but overall.

What should I be looking for in a charger? Is there a difference in power?
In what way do "travel chargers" differ from regular chargers?
Can a poor charger overcharge a battery and shorten the lifespan or damage the phone?

Thanks guys.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Any OEM charger should work fine... I am using a Samsung OEM one I got for $3 on Amazon (it has a really long cord, about 8') on one phone since I lost one in much the same manner you did, and it works perfect. I also have an extra one I carry around I got from Sam's Club for like $8, works on all my families phones (Casio, HTC, LG, and Samsung) with no issues.

Just make sure it is rated at 5V and at least 1A, the one of mine is rated at 2.4A and it works fine, never had any problems with it but it doesn't charge any faster than any other adapter either.

Droidram56

Reaction score
I use several old Moto wall chargers that I got for my OG Droid, Droid Bionic, and my wife's old Droid X. They work fine with the Rezound.

HowardZ

Reaction score
OEM HTC USB Travel Charger Adapter U250 / CNR6300 / 79H00095-14M:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Ccmaccessories has a good reputation on Amazon, so I would not buy what appears to be the same item from someone else.

This is our stock htc wall charger, the included cable works but is not our stock cable

You need to scroll through all the sellers to find Ccmaccessories.

For under ten dollars including shipping it likely is not really made by htc. However people complain these are junk, but are happy only with the ones sold by Ccmaccessories.

Last edited: