dog chewed my charging cable

HowardZ

Reaction score
our dog destroyed my rezound's charging cable. I purchased a new HTC charger and cable from CCM Accessories on Amazon.

CCM sells genuine HTC accessories whereas other sellers on the same amazon webpage sell cheaper Chinese knockoffs. This is why the reviews vary so much for the same product.

Amazon.com: OEM HTC USB Travel Charger Adapter U250 / CNR6300 / 79H00095-14M: Cell Phones & Accessories

On the full screen website one click on New and see all the sellers of the item.

For 8.99 with free shipping from CCM, it is good.

The charger is the exact same part number as the rezound charger with 1 amp output at 5 volts.

The cable is not identical, it is standard microUSB, but appears to be made by HTC, but for a different HTC phone. the wire is thick but can not be absolutely certain it is made by HTC. it had a HTC sticker thing around the wire.

It seems to work ok.

So in case anyone else has a similar need....

sweaner

Reaction score
Thanks! I just bought 4 of them for $10.31!

Last edited:

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
HowardZ said:
our dog destroyed my rezound's charging cable. I purchased a new HTC charger and cable from CCM Accessories on Amazon.

CCM sells genuine HTC accessories whereas other sellers on the same amazon webpage sell cheaper Chinese knockoffs. This is why the reviews vary so much for the same product.

Amazon.com: OEM HTC USB Travel Charger Adapter U250 / CNR6300 / 79H00095-14M: Cell Phones & Accessories

On the full screen website one click on New and see all the sellers of the item.

For 8.99 with free shipping from CCM, it is good.

The charger is the exact same part number as the rezound charger with 1 amp output at 5 volts.

The cable is not identical, it is standard microUSB, but appears to be made by HTC, but for a different HTC phone. the wire is thick but can not be absolutely certain it is made by HTC. it had a HTC sticker thing around the wire.

It seems to work ok.

So in case anyone else has a similar need....

Go to the xda forums. And in the accessories forums someone listed a Site where they sell OEM charger cables. They are not the micro USB but the actual oem one. It is kind of pricey. I can confirm that it is the actual oem mhl plug. I think I paid $15 total with shipping. But it doesn't come in black its in white and is made by HTC.

OP
H

HowardZ

Reaction score
After thinking abot the price I paid, I think it is likely what I purchased is a Chinese clone rather than genuine HTC accessories. But at least it works well.

I have found on Amazon what appears to be the exact charging cable in white or black for about $13. one review said it was identical to the cable that came with his rezound.

p.s. xda accessories forum was a good read. many interesting threads there.

Thus looks like the right extMicroUSB connector

http://www.expansys-usa.com/more/?sbadd=209995

Last edited:

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
HowardZ said:
After thinking abot the price I paid, I think it is likely what I purchased is a Chinese clone rather than genuine HTC accessories. But at least it works well.

I have found on Amazon what appears to be the exact charging cable in white or black for about $13. one review said it was identical to the cable that came with his rezound.

p.s. xda accessories forum was a good read. many interesting threads there.

Thus looks like the right extMicroUSB connector

http://www.expansys-usa.com/more/?sbadd=209995

That's the one. Good find. I ordered one off amazon awhile back that looked just like the oem one and when I received it 2-3 weeks later cause it was out of country all I got was a micro USB charging cable. I was pissed and didn't want to go through the hassle of sending it back and getting my money back. So the link you posted. I took a chance and ordered it from there. About little over week later I received it. Exactly like the oem mhl charger but in white. Only drawback was it doesn't come with the wall charger but I had a lot of those laying around.

Yah, on the xda forums users posts alot of good reviews about accessories. There's even a company that makes a car dock for the extended battery for the Rezound. I think it's called craigsdock. Check it out.

OP
H

HowardZ

Reaction score
That's the one. Good find. I ordered one off amazon awhile back that looked just like the oem one and when I received it 2-3 weeks later cause it was out of country all I got was a micro USB charging cable. I was pissed and didn't want to go through the hassle of sending it back and getting my money back. So the link you posted. I took a chance and ordered it from there. About little over week later I received it. Exactly like the oem mhl charger but in white. Only drawback was it doesn't come with the wall charger but I had a lot of those laying around.

Yah, on the xda forums users posts alot of good reviews about accessories. There's even a company that makes a car dock for the extended battery for the Rezound. I think it's called craigsdock. Check it out.

I ordered that white one. Turns out they are out of stock as my order status says waiting for stock with an estimate of 5 days to ship.

When I first got the rezound I was pissed that HTC deviated from the standard microUSB connector. but, over time I grew to like how well it snaps into the phone.

OP
H

HowardZ

Reaction score
I received the white charging cable today. It is about one inch longer and has the exact same factory connector. Makes a very good snug fit like the factory cable.

Was a little pricy by Amazon or ebay standards, yet still affordable.

acejavelin

Reaction score
I received the white charging cable today. It is about one inch longer and has the exact same factory connector. Makes a very good snug fit like the factory cable.

Was a little pricy by Amazon or ebay standards, yet still affordable.
I think the factory cable is kind of crappy... It has been noted on several websites that if you try to plug it in upside down you can damage the connector on the Rezound pretty easy, yet a standard MicroUSB doesn't seem to have that issue. Never had an issue with either car or wall charger with standard microUSB, and I can use them on other devices as well.