Need more volume in my car

dkelban

Reaction score
Hi, and thanks in advance. I need to amplify my droid x for car use. Can anyone suggest a way of playing it through the radio? What I am looking for is to be able to hear the trapster speed trap app clearly and loudly through the car stereo. What about an fm transmitter, and if that's the best alternative, which brand is the best?

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
FM transmitters are the worst option as far as quality is concerned, best option as far as ease of installation is concerned. You just need to determine what your priority is. I wouldn't blindly assume that a given brand is best. You need to assess each transmitter individually.

OP
D

dkelban

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm looking into the monster fm transmitter model number 300 Universal: it got good reviews as the best of a flawed solution.

TheSkump

Reaction score
Monster is always known as a "boutique" brand. Good quality, but disproportionate to the price. I don't know much about these FM transmitters, but just from my knowledge of Monster as a brand, you may be able to find a cheaper brand that will work just as well and be just as well-built.

OP
D

dkelban

Reaction score
Thanks, but I do have to say the Monster FM transmitter works wonderfully, is not as overpriced as other items of theirs, and is customizable to any fm station: I'm very happy with it.

godcomplex

Reaction score
@ dkelban, does the transmitter get to 87.9? That is the station that I've had the most luck w/ my Sirius (which I'll be replacing w/ my droid). Thanks for any feedback!

OP
D

dkelban

Reaction score
Sure, you can tune to ANY station: there is a button on it to customize (choose a favorite station ).

indiantechie

Reaction score
Try looking into a specially formulated shampoo. They have shampoos engineered to add volume to flat hair, like Pantene, Garnier Fructis, etc. There are lots of them that you could find even at your local drugstore.

Reaction score
Your best bet is a direct wire to. The stereo for best clarity.. and mp3 audio plays at a much higher bit rate than CD's.. a good app is power amp, it allows you to adjust bass, and trebble from your phone to modify the song for best clarity.. hope this help any.. anymore questions just ask I'm an expert with bass.. been building buying trading and testing bass and car audio for years now!"

NuK3¥

TheSkump

Reaction score
Your best bet is a direct wire to. The stereo for best clarity.. and mp3 audio plays at a much higher bit rate than CD's.. a good app is power amp, it allows you to adjust bass, and trebble from your phone to modify the song for best clarity.. hope this help any.. anymore questions just ask I'm an expert with bass.. been building buying trading and testing bass and car audio for years now!"

NuK3¥
MP3s don't play at a higher bitrate than CDs.

OP
D

dkelban

Reaction score
I agree direct wire is best, and not expensive, but it depends on your use. I'm using the fm transmitter to hook to to my smartphone so I can use the trapster app and hear it loudly over the radio, but still hear my music through my ipod and mp3 jack.

akhizver

Reaction score
I bought this. While not cheap it does boost the volume considerably. I removed the cigarette lighter and hardwired into the fusebox to reduce some clutter of the wires.

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I use the SCOSCHE FMMOD2 device to directly "modulate" the signal into the antenna wire and disable the fender mounted antenna. I took the module apart and mounted the switch and jack into the dash like they belong there.

OP
D

dkelban

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion. Have a great holiday season!

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
get a new head unit for your car with an aux jack. I can tell you that in most cases the sound quality through the car stereo from your phone is in large part due to the head unit itself. I have a sony xplode with USB/MP3/AUX jacks with preamp outlets.

Alpine mids and highs all around, kicker 12 sub and a memphis 250 W monoblock amp....and I have plenty of adjustability. My girl has a scion xd with upgraded sound system, factory aux sucks buttnuggets. I have to turn hers all the way up to max to hear music etc well. Same settings in my suv shake my mirrors and windows...and have great clarity.

FM transmitters are crap bro...i guess if you are looking for a 10 dollar solution?