Need major help!!!!!

thenoob

Reaction score
sup guys. i tried rooting my phone now its a complete brick. it doesnt load up at all, stuck on the red eye on boot up. tried running the restore but that doesnt work as well. phone isnt taking a charge either. any suggestions? how can i just erase everything from the memory and start over with the OEM drivers?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What root method did you use? Try booting in to recovery and wiping data and cache. This will restore the phone to an out of the box state.

tappin and a talkin

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
That's not a brick, that's a boot loop. Pull the battery, get into recovery, do a factory reset.

There are no drivers of which you speak on the phone.

May I suggest you familiarize yourself with some of the language commonly used with the Android operating system? :)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...-dummies-guide-android-terminoligy-lingo.html

Having got that part out of the way, what are you trying to root and what method did you use?

dredhead407

Reaction score
This is why your username is thenoob. At least you know how to describe yourself perfectly lol.

Sent from my Full Android using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Uncalled for! We ALL should have started with that username! If you're not helping (or trying), move along.

This is why your username is thenoob. At least you know how to describe yourself perfectly lol.

DroidForums junkie!!

Dustin.

Reaction score

Assuming those 34 posts of yours were from asking questions, if your not going to atleast try to help someone, please don't post. Everyone has been in his shoes and people were there for us, and weren't complete jerks about it.

If your not posting help, then don't bother posting at all unless you have advice or a wish of luck to the original poster.

Just follow the instructions above man, your in good hands with these guys! You should be up and running in no time!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd edit that post man. Mods don't take too kind to members dodging the language filter, trust me! Haha!

DroidForums junkie!!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed, anyways for coverage: If your phone can go to the M logo (in your case), it is not bricked. It is a boot loop.

Leave it on the wall charger overnight, at the very least for 2 hours and follow FBM's instructions to begin with.

dredhead407

Reaction score

Assuming those 34 posts of yours were from asking questions, if your not going to atleast try to help someone, please don't post. Everyone has been in his shoes and people were there for us, and weren't complete jerks about it.

If your not posting help, then don't bother posting at all unless you have advice or a wish of luck to the original poster.

Just follow the instructions above man, your in good hands with these guys! You should be up and running in no time!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Assumed wrong but still I was a noob too but that was a while ago.sorry if you guys got mad for not offering support but I was not trying to poke fun at him. Maybe it didn't seem like it but I wasn't.
I'm just somewhat new to this forum. But I have been following this site for a few months now and really like the work that has been put in to helping people and this is where I go for rom updates because android forums be slackin all the time with that and people keep posting new threads about the exact same situation which gets annoying after a while.

Sent from my og droid running GB!!!!!!!!!!!

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
DH407
Sometimes words written/typed when read seem harsh and condescending than they do when spoken with a smile and a friendly tap on the shoulder. In todays world of text message we all need to remember it. I find in my dealing with life my user name should be " Mc Goof " Your last post shows you'll do well.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
There's a reason I use so many :) and :D and ;) and [censored] in my posts -- emotion and intent don't always translate into bare words on a cathode ray or LCD (or AMOLED) screen. :)

Years of internet chats with people misunderstanding me have taken their toll. I talk like a 12 year-old. ;)

Anyway, back on topic now that we're all friends again. :D