Need help with wirefly activation

mrgoochio

Reaction score
Any past wirefly customers here? I ordered the free droid deal over the weekend and I just received my phone today. I'm so stoked to start using it.. however, the instructions said that my old phone should automatically de-activate and once it does, turn it off and activate my new droid. (old phone supposed to automatically de-activate as per their "delivered" status of phone) Thing is, phone was delivered about 6 hours ago and is still not de-activated so I can't activate my new droid. Anybody here have experience with how long it typically takes for my old phone to auto deactivate?

I tried *228 on my droid, won't let me activate yet

OP
M

mrgoochio

Reaction score
Yeah definitely turned off. I followed wirefly's directions exactly as specified.. Old phone still functioning as normal by receiving calls and still capable of dialing out. Deactivate please :(

i91crxsi

Reaction score
lol because wirefly sells **** phones with **** warrantys with **** customer service. oh and also, dont change anythign on your plan or else they will charge you full price for your free phone. lol

jgregory

Reaction score
Any past wirefly customers here? I ordered the free droid deal over the weekend and I just received my phone today. I'm so stoked to start using it.. however, the instructions said that my old phone should automatically de-activate and once it does, turn it off and activate my new droid. (old phone supposed to automatically de-activate as per their "delivered" status of phone) Thing is, phone was delivered about 6 hours ago and is still not de-activated so I can't activate my new droid. Anybody here have experience with how long it typically takes for my old phone to auto deactivate?

I tried *228 on my droid, won't let me activate yet

mrgoochio,
WireflyJeff, here. If you're still having issues, PM me your order# and I'll have our activations team check into it for you.

jgregory

Reaction score
I got it up and running, thanks
Excellent! Glad to hear it.

How long it did take? Did you have to do anything special?

We're always looking for feedback to improve our processes.

Whatever you can offer, we would be appreciated.

Thanks,
WireflyJeff