Wirefly frustration

OP
kornfeld

kornfeld

Reaction score
Just got out of another chat session with them, they said they still needed my PIN. I gave it to them again, and explained that I gave it to them yesterday and this morning as well. They went into the previous conversations to verify that it was there, which it was.

They said it should be activated first thing tomorrow. This is way lame.

bananazx

Reaction score
I had about same trouble. My old phone stopped working but the droid wouldn't let me activate. seemed like bad ESN or something. They replaced the phone with new one and when it arrived, it activated fine. It took about 12 days from the order and activation.
Wirefly was nice to send me extra 16gb SD card for the time it took.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
I have a few friends at work that went thru Wirefly that had similar experiences.. Its just seemed like a bad idea to me. Sure, the phone is majorly discounted.. but you don't have the benefit of having the retail store to go to when you have issues. I've heard you have to mail your phone in. Who has time for that? With Verizon, you go to the store.. and its either fixed or swapped within a few minutes. I'll pay a little extra up front better customer service and piece of mind before I go to a 2nd rate shotty operation like Wirefly...

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I had about same trouble. My old phone stopped working but the droid wouldn't let me activate. seemed like bad ESN or something. They replaced the phone with new one and when it arrived, it activated fine. It took about 12 days from the order and activation.

Are you sure it wasnt just the 16gb sd card that is supposed to come with the phone? Lol

smokiedabong

Reaction score
If you want to play with your phone before getting it activated here is a way to get pass the activation screen , on the screen with the droid , tap the corners around the droid in a clockwise motion starting with the top left corner .

fis

Reaction score
Wirelfy puts in the order with Verizon for automatic activation based on confirmed shipping receipt. Obviously Verizon is having trouble activating your line, but their automated system is just telling Wirelfy that the PIN is missing. When you call, they are reading to you what's in the system. Where they've fallen down is that it needs to be escalated. Send your order # to [email protected] and tell them your activation needs to be manually escalated with Verizon Wireless.

OP
kornfeld

kornfeld

Reaction score
It works! It works! It was activated around 6:30 this morning. I received a call from the guy I spoke with yesterday on Wirefly customer service chat, as well. He was just checking to make sure that it was up and running.

What a kick ass phone!

OP
kornfeld

kornfeld

Reaction score
I just received a phone call from someone here in the US who wanted to verify that my phone was activated. She reviewed all of my stuff, and went ahead and credited me back my shipping costs without me asking for it. It was pretty cool.

Yes, it was a pain in the butt to get this activated, but it seems like they're trying to fix things.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just received a phone call from someone here in the US who wanted to verify that my phone was activated. She reviewed all of my stuff, and went ahead and credited me back my shipping costs without me asking for it. It was pretty cool.

Yes, it was a pain in the butt to get this activated, but it seems like they're trying to fix things.

Despite my snarky comment about Wirefly earlier in this thread, it is worth mentioning that all companies experience customer service problems. The quality of the company is not whether there are problems but how the company rectifies them. Sounds like Wirefly went the extra mile in resolving an issue that may not have been their fault.

bananazx

Reaction score
Are you sure it wasnt just the 16gb sd card that is supposed to come with the phone? Lol

I got another 16GB sd card in total 32GB.

MarkB

Reaction score
I had a couple of problems with porting my ATT numbers over to my new Droid and another phone that I got from Wirefly, back when the Droid first came out last November. I posted about it here and PM'd the Wirefly rep about it, and someone called and straightened it out for me. At one point we were on a 3 way call between me, the Wirefly rep, and Verizon. And I have to say that it was pretty obvious that the fault in that case was with Verizon. The guy who was trying to do the number porting had NO clue what he was doing, and the Wirefly rep and I already could tell that he was skipping steps and would end up with error messages. He even put us on hold at one point and we got disconnected. Worked out in the end, but it was the Wirefly rep who made it happen. I'll bet that some people have similar problems when working directly with Verizon too.

c1gar

Reaction score
I will never buy another phone from Wirefly.com I ordered my Droid on Tuesday and selected overnight shipping since the site said on the Droid page orders were shipped by 3:00 same day. So I thought, "great, I'll have my droid Wednesday." Without any notification other than checking on the status of my order online, it went on backorder. Luckily it shipped Wednesday, but they shipped it 2-day ground! I contacted CS and got a credit for shipping. It is finally Friday and I got my phone. I was briefly excited to get my phone until I open the box and learn it will be (best case scenario) up to 24 hours before I can activate my phone because I have to wait until my old phone just stops working. Then and only then can I go into my Droid to activate the phone! WTF? So here I am randomly checking my Blackberry to see if it still works and getting more pissed every time. Getting a phone for $19 was definitely NOT worth all this hassle. I'll take VerizonWireless' service and immediate activation at a premium any day.

I am not complaining as much as I want to share my experience. If I would have read a post like this before I bought through Wirefly I would not have gone this route.

OP
kornfeld

kornfeld

Reaction score
Have you called customer service to give them your PIN? I'd get on that ASAP if you can.

c1gar

Reaction score
Have you called customer service to give them your PIN? I'd get on that ASAP if you can.

I called customer service about half an hour ago and he basically confirmed my Droid is not activated yet, but he did not verify my PIN. I guess I'll call back to make sure they have my PIN right. Ugh!