Need help with wifi connecting

Ansa82

Reaction score
Hi all, newbie here. I just got a Motorola Bionic today!! Before I post on the "introductions" board can anyone help me with setting up my wifi? I went from a HTC incredible so I feel like a dum dum and know it should be very easy and self explanatory but it's not working. I've gone under settings-wireless& networks-wifi settings etc... It recognizes my router,
but when I click on my network it keeps trying to connect over and over...so it's going connecting, connecting, disconnecting,
disconnecting. Been doing this for hours now. I've turned the wifi on and off several times to no avail. At one point it
did ask me for a password...I
Don't think I entered the correct password but I cannot get back to entering a password again. Help?
Thanks!! Ansa82

Grapthar

Reaction score
Try unplugging your router for about a minute, then plug it back in. I had this problem with my Bionic, the Droid X before it, my wife's iPhone 4, my iPad 2 and my wife's iPad 2. Every time, the only thing that worked was unplugging the router. Without changing anything, after I plugged it in everything just worked.

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
Ok I will give that a try...thank you!!!

Lgray69

Reaction score
It sounds like your router has a password it won't connect unless you enter the password or take it off your router and have open connection..( I wouldn't do that though)..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
But how to enter my password again??
I cannot find on phone where i can enter router password

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
Ok if i tell the phone to forget this router them it allows me to re enter password...still connecting, disconnecting. So wierd. Turning router off and back on didnt work either

Grapthar

Reaction score
First question: did you turn it off or UNPLUG it? It does make a difference.

Second question: do you use MAC address filtering? Sometimes people forget to add a new device's MAC address to their list.

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
I dont use a mac address
And yes i turned it off and unplugged it...

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried to reset your router? My router has a button on it that you can hold then it will reset everything back to default settings.

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
Yes I reset the router...it did fix my comcast tv remote that had stopped working...but still no wifi connecting to phone
Gonna see when hubby gets home if he actually wrote password down somewhere. I'm hoping it's a password issue but it's not telling me that so I don't know :(

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, resetting your router should reset the password as well but just in case it doesn't, hopefully your husband will have it handy. Let us know how it turns out.

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
Well, resetting your router should reset the password as well but just in case it doesn't, hopefully your husband will have it handy. Let us know how it turns out.

YES...FINALLY SUCCESS!!! After about the 4 th time unplugging & resetting it picked it up!! I finally have wifi !! Thank you everyone!

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's great! Glad you got it working:)