Need help with status bar!

bhink11235

Reaction score
So, i'm very new to the whole rooting experience. I recently rooted my droid and have been trying to find out how to change the color of my status bar. I've found plenty of good themes that state that they change said status bar, but i cant seem to figure out the exact procedure of doing so. If anyone can help me with detailed instructions it would be greatly appreciated! Also just wanted to say thanks in advance...these forums are incredible and i'm just happy to be a new member of the family. Cheers, bhink!

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Ok the easiest way is to install a custom rom and add one of the themes for that rom. Some roms already come with the black status bar. Just look in the droid 2 roms sections and find one that's right for you. Detailed instructions on installing are available. All you need to get first is D2 bootstrap app by jrummy16. It's in the market. YOU MUST HAVE THIS. No other way around it. If you want you can email me at [email protected] and I will give you detailed instructions. This is what my D2 looks like running GummJar 2.5 rom with Luna theme.
aefcb05e-2009-b76f.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
B

bhink11235

Reaction score
I figured that out and felt like such a ree ree, all I was missing was bootstrap. I now cant seem to figure out how to switch roms, seeing as I inadvertantly went with apex and hate it (I tried just to install gummy jar from the rom manager list, but it just keeps rebooting into the same rom im running) I appreciate the info though for sure! Its nice to see fellow geeks helping one another!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App