Need help with my Eris

RuE

Reaction score
I've had enough of it. Constantly scrolls to the left freezing etc.
I want to root it and see if that will work. I have a few questions first about compatibility and stability. Will it work with market apps and does the market still work? I use PDANet is that going to get affected. I also use my camera a lot how is that going to work out? Also can someone give me a like to root my phone with the best working rom.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've had enough of it. Constantly scrolls to the left freezing etc.
I want to root it and see if that will work. I have a few questions first about compatibility and stability. Will it work with market apps and does the market still work? I use PDANet is that going to get affected. I also use my camera a lot how is that going to work out? Also can someone give me a like to root my phone with the best working rom.
:welcome: to the board. Quickly to answer your questions,
1. Yes and yes. If you go with a FroYo ROM, you will find more apps in the market, but look at the answer to question 3.
2. Many ROMs have tethering built in, and you will also have the ability to WiFi tether after rooting.
3. Many of the FroYo (2.2) ROMs have camera and dropped calls issues, some people have had luck flashing different kernels, your luck will depend on your phone.
4. There are 2 stickies, one is rooting your phone, the other is the start of a list of ROMs. I have ran plainjanet2 (2.1) on my wife's phone with minimal issues, mainly redraws and launcher crashes. Currently, I have the dual boot 2.1-2.2 ROM on her,phone, and short of the apps not restoring on the 2.2 side of the ROM, it is flawless.
Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask questions.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
R

RuE

Reaction score
Well Im at work right now and my sgt said we're gettin a longer lunch today how long does the process take and how big is the download and wut froyo Rom do yu recommend

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It will take longer to find and download the "Eris 1 click root" app, than it will to root your phone. Id recommend the dual boot ROM, but that takes a while to set everything up.

OP
R

RuE

Reaction score
Can it be done in 2 hours

OP
R

RuE

Reaction score
I don't want to open a new thread but do those antenna boosters actually work

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry. Yeah, if you can set up abd right the first time, you can do it in less than 2 hours. After getting abd set up, backing up and restoring your SD card after you partition it takes the longest. I don't know about the antenna boosters though.

OP
R

RuE

Reaction score
It works great but is there a fix for the data problem is there a data problem on 2.1 rooted

OP
R

RuE

Reaction score
kaosfroyo v38 i had the cpu tuner and a few other apps but i just reflashed v38 but its still losing the 3g/data

OP
R

RuE

Reaction score
is there a way to dual boot like half rooted kaosfroyo and half stock rom?

OP
R

RuE

Reaction score
"Download CFSv8 from here.

2.6.29.6 CFS Kernel V4" i do go with v8 right

OP
R

RuE

Reaction score
okay ill do the *228 and update it then do the kernel