need help unrooting

OP
B

bryanjames70

Reaction score
i know there is something wrong with it the power button is broke i want to take it back for the factory warranty and have to get rid of root cannot do that without pushing software from rsd lite in bootloader mode

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm an idiot... i'm sorry, i completely forgot the whole reason for this was your power button was broke... i went to watch germany play spain and forgot what this post was all about...

this might be a good post for the rescue squad (for those watching!)

my only other thought is that ROM Manager has a version of 2.0.1 you can flash back to through its' recovery (clockwork), at least it used to... i'm not sure if it leaves the clockwork recovery on there or not. However, it just hit me that if your power button doesn't work, you can't really get into recovery anyway...

However something else just hit me - if you're able to see the flicker, and then it boots up, how are you even doing that without a working power button? Battery pull?

OP
B

bryanjames70

Reaction score
yeah battery pull

and no flashing through rom manager i get an error basically saying i am not rooted
but i have the superuser app
and cannot root or unroot from update.zip from recovery
so last option was rsd lite but cannot get into bootloader for that to work

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
currently do you have sprecovery or clockwork installed?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
if, when you load up recovery, it's blue text at the top, a greenish android in the background, and orange text in the middle, then it's sprecovery

and if that's the case, you should at least be able to get root access again and possibly try the rom manager thing - check here and see if you can just simply get root access for 2.1 again, then you could try the ROM Manager thing again:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

look in box option 04

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i've gotta leave for a few hours, so hopefully someone else, maybe from the rescue squad, can step in here and help out if you need it between now and then, or correct anything i told you wrong ;)

Reaction score
Download "Quick Boot" by "Sirius Applications Ltd." in the market, it has the option to reboot, boot recovery, and boot bootloader from its gui. Then you can flash an sbf.

You owe me a beer.
icon_%20banana.gif
icon_%20banana.gif

OP
B

bryanjames70

Reaction score
requires root wich i currently dont have if you would have read the rest of the post you would have known... lol good try though

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you check out the link above? If you have sprecovery, you should be able to get root that way.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Try using the adb shell to boot to recovery "adb reboot recovery" this should get you to your recovery image where you can restore a backup or flash a ROM that has root. Then use my solution. You still owe me a beer.

J

Johnly

Did you get it? I didn't read the thread, but cristim has the the whole thing laid out step by step, check my sig.

J

Johnly

Try using the adb shell to boot to recovery "adb reboot recovery" this should get you to your recovery image where you can restore a backup or flash a ROM that has root. Then use my solution. You still owe me a beer.
From what I read, you say enough people owe you a beer, that you are owed a case....:rofl3::rockon:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe his problem is getting into the boot loader, not recovery, because of the broken power button. If he can get root access through one of those links above, which should be doable if sprecovery can be accessed, then he can try rom manager again, or that quick boot app.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk