need help unrooting

bryanjames70

Reaction score
first off i was running kangernades 2.2 from rom manager when i switched back to cyanogen 5.0.8 when my power button decided to stop working

so now i want to take it back to the verizon store for a new phone or to be fixed

so i need to go back to stock i flashed my original backup i made just after rooting before going on to custom roms it was way back to 2.0 stock ( rooted )
wich is where i am now kinda

i have the superuser app

but if i run DM updater it says i am not rooted

if i try to flash something ( recovery, Rom, Stock Rom unrooted )
from Rom manager i get an error.....

" an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands".

i tried downloading a unrooted udate.zip file it said there was an error number 7 or something to that effect if anyone knows of a stock unrooted udate.zip file i can download i will give that a shot.

i figured this as a last resort
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/37717-unroot-unbrick-using-sbf-post-ikithme.html

any other suggestions.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i think you'll still have to use that link you mentioned, at least if you want to go back to the stock recovery as well

OP
B

bryanjames70

Reaction score
still have superuser app

just really confused installed a stock 2.1 update.zip file + factory reset + clear cache and still have superuser app

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah you'll have to either use the link that tkimball posted or the link you mentioned in your first post and flash back to 2.0.1 with rsdlite, then either get the 2.1 update OTA or with the update.zip you just tried

OP
B

bryanjames70

Reaction score
push using sbf

so it tells me to hold up on the D-pad while booting for how long what should happen because nothing happens when i do this it just sits with a blank black screen soon as i let go it boots normally

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
make sure you're holding "up" when looking at the phone in landscape, not portrait... i.e., it would be "right" if holding the phone in portrait...

i always just hold down "up" on the d-pad, power it on, and after a couple of seconds from hitting the power button, you'll see the screen do a little flicker, that's when i let off the d-pad, and the bootloader screen should load up

OP
B

bryanjames70

Reaction score
thats a negative i am holding up the real up
and the screen does flickr and then it boots normally
right after the flickr no matter hhow many times i let that flickr cycle it still just boots normally after that

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
it's been awhile since i've done it... let me try it real quick and i'll report back exactly how i did it

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok here's what i did...

hold down d-pad
hold down power
when i saw the flicker, released both power and d-pad, and it worked