need help Tasker + Locale Password Plug-in

leland

Reaction score
One main beef with Android is that I cannot separate the screen turnoff from the device lock (i.e., have the screen shutoff after 30 seconds but not need to enter a PIN to wake it up).

Tasker plus the Local Password Plug-In (Locale Password Lock Plug-in - Android app on AppBrain) can help deliver this, but I can't figure out how to get it to work. Please help.

I've created a profile for display off. The activities are to wait for 30 minutes and then activate the password.

However, it's not working, I still need to use my PIN after just a few minutes. Can someone help me figure out how to get this working in Tasker?

NebulaOcton

Reaction score
One main beef with Android is that I cannot separate the screen turnoff from the device lock (i.e., have the screen shutoff after 30 seconds but not need to enter a PIN to wake it up).

Tasker plus the Local Password Plug-In (Locale Password Lock Plug-in - Android app on AppBrain) can help deliver this, but I can't figure out how to get it to work. Please help.

I've created a profile for display off. The activities are to wait for 30 minutes and then activate the password.

However, it's not working, I still need to use my PIN after just a few minutes. Can someone help me figure out how to get this working in Tasker?

I think I have this figured out but it will take a while to test, let you know soon.

NebulaOcton

Reaction score

I think I have this figured out but it will take a while to test, let you know soon.

My idea didn't work, I will keep working on it and let you know when I have a solution.

OP
L

leland

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm continuing to try a few things, no dice so far. Same goes for me on reporting back.

Sadly been able to search out the answer elsewhere, too.

OP
L

leland

Reaction score
Ok, found this post, but unfortunately when I tried it I still get a PIN prompt when turning the screen off manually. It works if I let the display timeout on its own, though.

The profile will lock the phone if it is not charging and has not been
in use for 30 minutes. To change this delay, set the %LOCKDELAY
variable in profile 1 to the required amount. I'd suggest testing with
a shorted time span whilst you still have the refund option on the
plugin to make sure you are happy with the results.

Profile 1: "Lock Delay"
Contexts:
Display Off
Not Power
Task: DelayLock
1. Variable Set %LOCKDELAY To 30
2. Wait 1 minute
3. Variable Subtract %LOCKDELAY Value 1
4. Stop IF $SCREEN ~ on
5. Goto Action Number 2 IF %LOCKDELAY > 0
6. Password Lock Plugin ON IF %SCREEN ~ off
Set Task Properties: Abort Existing Task. Keep Device Awake

Profile 2: "Unlock"
Contexts:
Display Unlocked
Task: Unlock
1. Password Lock Plugin OFF

NebulaOcton

Reaction score
Ok, found this post, but unfortunately when I tried it I still get a PIN prompt when turning the screen off manually. It works if I let the display timeout on its own, though.

The profile will lock the phone if it is not charging and has not been
in use for 30 minutes. To change this delay, set the %LOCKDELAY
variable in profile 1 to the required amount. I'd suggest testing with
a shorted time span whilst you still have the refund option on the
plugin to make sure you are happy with the results.

Profile 1: "Lock Delay"
Contexts:
Display Off
Not Power
Task: DelayLock
1. Variable Set %LOCKDELAY To 30
2. Wait 1 minute
3. Variable Subtract %LOCKDELAY Value 1
4. Stop IF $SCREEN ~ on
5. Goto Action Number 2 IF %LOCKDELAY > 0
6. Password Lock Plugin ON IF %SCREEN ~ off
Set Task Properties: Abort Existing Task. Keep Device Awake

Profile 2: "Unlock"
Contexts:
Display Unlocked
Task: Unlock
1. Password Lock Plugin OFF

If you change the Lockdelay from 30 to 360
and the wait to 5 seconds

Then as long as you leave the screen on for at least 5 seconds you shouldn't have to unlock it when you do it manually

If that is too long just do the math
3600 seconds divided by the minimum amount of time you want the screen on will give you what to set lockdelay to and the minimum amount of time is your wait time.