need help setting up vpn?

fitzpaj

Reaction score
I'm trying to allow my droid to access my home computer from anywhere. I have allowed incoming connections on my computer and now I'm trying to add a pptp vpn connection on my droid. I'm assuming the VPN name is just what ever I want it to be called and doesn't affect anything. For the "Set VPN server" I'm using a hostname that I received from DynDNS.com My computer is behind a linksys router which has PPTP passthrough enabled and port 1793 forwarded. I'm not sure what, or if, I need to input for "DNS search domains". Also when I try to connect to the VPN it prompts for the username and password and I don't know if that is for my computer or for the router. I've tried the usernames and passwords to both the computer and router but I always get the message "Unable to connect to the network. Do you want to try again?" If anyone could please inform me what I'm doing wrong I would appreciate it. I really wanted to get this working on my own but I give up.

JamesX

Reaction score
Why not just use the FTP App? Or do you need networking with your computer for something specific?

OP
F

fitzpaj

Reaction score
Can I use the ftp app from a different internet connection than my pc and/or use it over 3g?

I really didn't know what I was doing but I just found the vpn thing first so I went with that.

insane_ai

Reaction score
My computer is behind a linksys router which has PPTP passthrough enabled and port 1793 forwarded.

Open and forward Ports 47, 50, 443, 500, and 1723 to get through a Linksys router. I got these from the Linksys tech support when I needed to get out through the wireless interface. I presume the same ports apply when coming in. The forwarding part may get tricky, especially with 443 (SSL). Please try and respond with the result.