NEED HELP...Rooting now and need an answer

1android

Reaction score
I'm doing the long manual method because I have the video to watch and go by step by step with me as I do it. but he doesn't do that for step 1.

[Exclusive] How To Root The HTC ThunderBolt And Unlock Its Bootloader | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police

for step one Do I just download the multiupload or each one...multiuploader, galaxysense mirror and droidsite mirror???

OR

Do I simply copy and past the RUU and the md5sum??

first time rooter here and already confused on step 1 :)

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
You need to download the three bullet pointed files. The 3 links are just 3 different links to the same file just in case one does not work for you.

OP
1android

1android

Reaction score
Do I download them or just copy and paste the bullets?

T-Dev

Reaction score
download them..... copying text wont do you any good. hoping steps 2-9 go faster than step 1 has for you :)

OP
1android

1android

Reaction score
when you say download, are you meaning pasting them into the command font? there is no link for these to be downloaded.

Maybe I shouldn't be doing this!!!! LOL

OP
1android

1android

Reaction score
so in that link he has a video below. it says step #1 and in that he basically sets up ADB and installs it to his desktop. Is that all step #1 is? I have already got that set up and saved to my desktop to get everything prepared. If that is it, I already have that ready to go. If not, then I am uterly confused! lol

T-Dev

Reaction score
There are 3 files top download in step 1. pick 1 link from each bullet n step 1. then at the bottom of step 1 is a way to check the files are correct. choose the link for your computers operating system.

Just an FYI, step 1 is the easy part.... please make sure you follow the steps exactly.

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
Do you even have adb installed correctly, so your computer can communicate with your phone? When your phone is plugged in and you type "adb devices" does it list your phones serial number?

OP
1android

1android

Reaction score
ok so if someone can give a yes or no on this ...

clicking on the link in the main post, the 3 bullet points show 3 highighted links. Someone said above, "just chose one from each bullet point and download." So, if I were to just chose "multiupload" from each bullet point I should be ok? after inputting i will check to see if my phone has responded.

Its TwiX

Reaction score
ok so if someone can give a yes or no on this ...

clicking on the link in the main post, the 3 bullet points show 3 highighted links. Someone said above, "just chose one from each bullet point and download." So, if I were to just chose "multiupload" from each bullet point I should be ok? after inputting i will check to see if my phone has responded.
That's fine. You might have to switch to a different one because if you don't pay you have a limit to how much you can download.

Sent from my BAMFed out Thunderbolt

OP
1android

1android

Reaction score
THANK GOD, ROOTED with no issues!!!!! woot woot!!