Need help in finding root app for this new gingerbread

Extirpate

Reaction score
Be happy you were even able to do the GB update. I'm currently rooted on my X with z4root and the update fails every ttime. I tried 'ununrooting' and same thing.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Be happy you were even able to do the GB update. I'm currently rooted on my X with z4root and the update fails every ttime. I tried 'ununrooting' and same thing.

Just do the update manually. On my phone I had to sbf then do the update.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

CD95YJ

Reaction score

Its failing because clockwork recovery is still on your phone. It would take if you sbf back to complete 100% stock

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Extirpate

Reaction score
. I'm unclear
Be happy you were even able to do the GB update. I'm currently rooted on my X with z4root and the update fails every ttime. I tried 'ununrooting' and same thing.[/
Just do the update manually. On my phone I had to sbf then do the update. On my x

Exactly what iI did. Never done it bbefore and it was a sinch. I'm still new to rooting and flashing and all that jazz... but I'd love to get GB rooted. I tried GingerBreak and wouldnt work. I'm unclear on how to do the .596 update.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
. I'm unclear
Be happy you were even able to do the GB update. I'm currently rooted on my X with z4root and the update fails every ttime. I tried 'ununrooting' and same thing.[/
Just do the update manually. On my phone I had to sbf then do the update. On my x

Exactly what iI did. Never done it bbefore and it was a sinch. I'm still new to rooting and flashing and all that jazz... but I'd love to get GB rooted. I tried GingerBreak and wouldnt work. I'm unclear on how to do the .596 update.

There are several things you need to have the rooted version of gingerbread. If you are currently on froyo ignore this part:

For gingerbread users -
Download rsdlite and the 2.3.340 (froyo) sbf file from mydroidworld.com under the Droid X discussion section.

Download the Droid x drivers for your computer (just do a Google search for Motorola Droid X drivers)

Once all these are downloaded to your computer flash the sbf file to return your phone to out of the box stock froyo.

For froyo users or those who just flashed the sbf file -
Download either z4 or gingerbreak and root froyo.
Once rooted, download the Droid 2 bootstrap application.
Download the TBH app (from what I understand you now have to do a Google search for it as it's been pulled from the market)
Once you have the TBH app, download the 2 part 4.5.596 zip files from the TBH app.

Once all these are on your phone use the Droid 2 bootstrap application to reboot into clockwork recovery. Once in clockwork recovery choose to install a zip file from your SD card, then choose zip file. Find the two part zip files and flash them both (do not leave recovery until both files have been flashed). Once you leave recovery your phone will boot up with rooted gingerbread.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Extirpate

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm going to give this a try in the next few days.

I did find that the TBH app seems to be only avail thru TBHs' website. An apk. Isn't avail for this app that ive found due to it being a paid app. I am NOT asking for an apk for this as I do not condone that behavior. I was simply posting this as an fyi for whomever it may concearn.

Team Black Hat

I'll post an update on my progress once i make the purchase and finish the update..

Thanks for your help CD95YJ