Need Help!! Droid Razr Maxx HD will not reboot

deminimis

Reaction score
While driving home yesterday, Razr Maxx HD was plugged in and the phone shut down. Last thing on the screen was the Duo Core processor image (or whatever it is). Won't turn on, no soft reboot, no charging indication. Nada. Absolutely black screen. When I plug it into my laptop,the laptop doesn't even know I plugged it in. Expensive paperweight or??? Thanks for any input. It was a great phone until the recent update (lot's of stupid little issues after the update, and, it seems, one giant issue).

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
While driving home yesterday, Razr Maxx HD was plugged in and the phone shut down. Last thing on the screen was the Duo Core processor image (or whatever it is). Won't turn on, no soft reboot, no charging indication. Nada. Absolutely black screen. When I plug it into my laptop,the laptop doesn't even know I plugged it in. Expensive paperweight or??? Thanks for any input. It was a great phone until the recent update (lot's of stupid little issues after the update, and, it seems, one giant issue).

hold the power button and both vol buttons for a bit and see if it will turn on to the bootloader menu. if it does, there may be hope to save it.

deminimis

Reaction score
Thanks. I tired that with no luck. Warranty period has passed, so in a last ditch effort I cracked it open, disconnected the batt for a few minutes, plugged it back in, buttoned it up and still nothing. It's a paperweight. All hope is lost. Now trying to decide if I should use this as an opportunity to cast off the Verizon shackles. I've been clinging to my old unlimited data plan for years now, but starting to think it isn't worth it. However, due to the the Kit Kat nonsense, I know a new Moto is not in my future. Thanks again.

turbodave

Reaction score
Thanks. I tired that with no luck. Warranty period has passed, so in a last ditch effort I cracked it open, disconnected the batt for a few minutes, plugged it back in, buttoned it up and still nothing. It's a paperweight. All hope is lost. Now trying to decide if I should use this as an opportunity to cast off the Verizon shackles. I've been clinging to my old unlimited data plan for years now, but starting to think it isn't worth it. However, due to the the Kit Kat nonsense, I know a new Moto is not in my future. Thanks again.
IMHO you should stick with VZ! I was a cell phone repair tech for almost as many years as there have been cell phones. Over the years I've learned who the best carrier is (customer service not withstanding), and more so, what phones are best. Moto ranks right near the top in most categories, but my favorite has always been LG for best radio performance and near top video performance. As for THE best ever displays Samsung can't be beat, (not only on phones but other displays like TV's, eyc.) but... Their radio performance has always been sub par.
I like my moto RAZR max HD(Christmas present) but my next one will be LG.

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

ohbrother

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razr Maxx HD
Any new information on this topic? Similar situation here. Reboot will go as far as the little red ball of lightning, but will hold there indefinitely. USB plugged into pc will give the audible sound that a device is plugged in, but cannot locate a device. Some family pictures and videos in the gallery that have not been back up or sent cloud-bound. Recovery help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.