[Need Help] Apex to Liberty to Apex, grrr

snstr1

Reaction score
Ok I will try to simplify and shorten as much as possible.

I ROM'd to Apex and loved the rom. After running it for a couple weeks I noticed that when I tried to add a contact it said " cannot add contact without valid account", this was an issue for me after not finding a fix for this, so I decided I would try Liberty MOD. Nandroid back up, cleared data/factory restore, booted to new rom, installed and wam bam new mod.

Was not a big fan of it right away, I liked the Apex transitions and general feel. So I restore from ROMmanager to my backup. Low an behold it all looks good except now I have the Liberty boot screen, and I still have the "cannot add contact without valid account" issue.

Any help on fixing either issue would be great.

Thanks

Last edited:

miketoasty

Reaction score
First off don't use ROM manager it does not work as it should with our type of recovery.

Second the Liberty bootscreen will stay until 1. An SBF or 2. You download the liberty app (Can be done in any ROM) and change the boot animation back to stock. For some reason the boot animation is stored somewhere outside of where the Backup is created, therefor it persists until it is changed or a full system restore takes place.

want a droid

Reaction score
ROM Manager can be used for making back ups and restoring them. As the poster above me said, your only options are to SBF or go about changing the boot animation yourself.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
snstr1

snstr1

Reaction score
ROM Manager can be used for making back ups and restoring them. As the poster above me said, your only options are to SBF or go about changing the boot animation yourself.

I use ROMmanager for backups without issue, and CWrecovery installed for installing new ROM's.

Ya I kinda figured that I would have to manually modify the Boot Screen. Any instructions on doing this?

Also as to the "cannot add contact without valid account" I was able to do a CWrecovery factory restore go through the account sign up again for google then use titanium backup and just instal missing apps without installing system data and fixed the issue. Obviously I have to reset up my phone the way I want it.

want a droid

Reaction score
For the boot animation:

-Find the boot animation zip you want to use
-Put the zip in either data/local or system/media (wherever the current zip is in)
-Reboot phone

Or you can get the Liberty toolbox app and try doing it from there. I always like doing things myself though, I try to avoid apps for things like that.

OP
snstr1

snstr1

Reaction score
For the boot animation:

-Put the zip in either data/local or system/media (wherever the current zip is in)
-Reboot phone

Or you can get the Liberty toolbox app and try doing it from there. I always like doing things myself though, I try to avoid apps for things like that.

I couldnt find any bootanimation.zip in either of those dir. even tried just searching in root manager for *.zip files and couldnt find one.

Last edited:

louy99

Reaction score
There is a boot logo changer app in the market. I use it and it works great.

Droid2 Fisson 2.5.7

droidzforlife

Beta Alpha Delta Omega 3!
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
For the boot animation:

-Reboot phone

I couldnt find any bootanimation.zip in either of those dir. even tried just searching in root manager for *.zip files and couldnt find one.

If I remember correctly when I was using ApeX I couldn't find the bootanimation.zip either so I just found one I liked and placed it in the system/local dir and rebooted. This worked great for me. I think that ApeX doesnt include a bootanimation so what ever you had before will remain the same unless you wipe the /system(which I dont recommend) before you install a new rom.

OP
snstr1

snstr1

Reaction score
For the boot animation:

-Reboot phone

If I remember correctly when I was using ApeX I couldn't find the bootanimation.zip either so I just found one I liked and placed it in the system/local dir and rebooted. This worked great for me. I think that ApeX doesnt include a bootanimation so what ever you had before will remain the same unless you wipe the /system(which I dont recommend) before you install a new rom.

Thanks for the info I will try this today...