NEED DROID 3 HELP!! i NEED DROID 3 GURU MASTER

lemmony

Reaction score
:mad: my droid 3 by some miracle still works but I have completely f-ed up the operating system with some un-solicited help.:mad: This is a rooted droid 3 by the way.

I want to restore my factory o.s. so that I can then go threw and delete things that are safe to delete while still leaving phone able to make/receive updates, and stop the stupid force close crap.:icon_ devil:

I have downloaded to my computer the: Motorola rsd lite 5.5 , the updated Motorola software for 64/32 bit computers, and the VZW spf file for the factory os.

1st Following the directions I found on line I plugged in my phone to the computer, turned it off and on then set it to "charge mode only"

2nd I clicked the rsd lite on my computer, when the rsd lite window opened I clicked the ..... found the vzw.spf file clicked it

3rd clicked start and it said "placing fone in flash mode at which point phone went into flash mode, then did that for awhile and said flashing then said "failed to flash" I also tried to use the same method to do the steel os in the forum just to see if I had a bad spf file but same result... after unplugging my phone from computer and re-starting it it still starts anyway and makes calls.:blink:

WHAT ON EARTH AM I DOING WRONG?? fortunately after all efforts so far phone still functions and is not bricked.i went to market from external google source and downloaded the "go os/go launcher/go dialer/and go contacts, which has my phone at least working but obviously not desired result.
:hail:IS ANYONE A GENIUS/Droid3 Guru AND CAN HELP ME??:hail:

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When I soft bricked my D3, RSD gave me an error every time. Eventually, I found Psouza's script using fastboot and was able to flash my phone to factory just fine.

Here is the link to it RootzWiki is down for maintenance right now, but it should be up any moment.

OP
L

lemmony

Reaction score
?

:hail: Can you please walk me threw any special steps you needed to use to accomplish the feat?:D I am still waiting for them to come back online so I can attempt your suggestion, but as a layman it would also help me alot if you could maybe walk down the method or steps you used.. :icon_ lala:Thankyou very much.. You rock!!:icon_ lala:

xaelith

Reaction score
Just my two cents...as far as I understood, when flashing an sbf to the phone, I thought the phone was supposed to be in "PC mode" (or whatever mode it is that allows one to move files to the phone), is it not? Also, when I rooted and rommed my D1, it was advised to turn on USB debugging as well.

If I'm wrong, pardon my ignorance. However, even just looking at the USB modes logically, "charge only" sounds like it should be just that - nothing more than a juice line to the phone to top off the battery.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Just my two cents...as far as I understood, when flashing an sbf to the phone, I thought the phone was supposed to be in "PC mode" (or whatever mode it is that allows one to move files to the phone), is it not? Also, when I rooted and rommed my D1, it was advised to turn on USB debugging as well.

If I'm wrong, pardon my ignorance. However, even just looking at the USB modes logically, "charge only" sounds like it should be just that - nothing more than a juice line to the phone to top off the battery.

To flash a sbf you have to be in the bootloader. On the D3 you use a fastboot file. The D3 is alot different than the D1.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

OP
L

lemmony

Reaction score
Usb debugging

I TRIED WITH THE USB DEBUGGING AND ALLOW NON MARKET AND WITH IN PC MOE AND I TRIED WITH IN MASS MEDIA MODE AS WELL. KEEP GETTING SAME RESULT.:sad-b::sad-b::sad-b::sad-b:

OP
L

lemmony

Reaction score
To flash a sbf you have to be in the bootloader. On the D3 you use a fastboot file. The D3 is alot different than the D1.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

OK PLEASE HELP ME OUT as i am a complete noob to this wat is a boot loader and fast boot file? I just followed the instructions i was told Verizon uses and didn't do nothing for me. it takes me into the boot menu and thats as far as it goes before i get the failed to flash message. Please use clear and simple instructions ;)

OP
L

lemmony

Reaction score
turn off phone. Hold volume down, turn on phone

i hold down on the volume and hit power and it takes me to the same fast boot flash mode screen as i was getting doing the former method, but still the end result is flash failure..

I am really confused.. Any other suggestions?

OP
L

lemmony

Reaction score
Any more ideas? My phone works as it is other then a few little glitches but I need to get it back to the factory O.S. and I am having absolutely no luck what so ever. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP:hail::hail::hail:

OP
L

lemmony

Reaction score

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:THANKYOU VERY MUCH :):icon_ banana::icon_ banana: FINALLY GOT IT FIGURED OUT :)...:icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala: i WENT TO THE LINK PROVIDED (OUNCE AGAIN THANKYOU) USED THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE ---->[ROOT] Ultimate DROID3 Root/ROM Thread - Android Forums ..... i HAD TO FIND AN UNROOTED DROID 3 FIRST THOU AND ROOT IT THEN SAVE THE INFORMATION FROM IT TO DISC, TRANSFER DISK TO MY PHONE THEN RUN PROGRAM FROM DISK... AND WALLAH!!:icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala: sO if anyone else has issues similar to mine fixed problem :)... Now to learn how to instal a non factory os now that i can restore the factory if I goof again :icon_ devil::icon_ devil: