Need An App For That

Droidforums

Reaction score
EDIT:
Thank you, but that I did know about the setting on the droid.. Maybe I did not make it clear.
The "defualt" lowering option still leaves the screen to bright.
I was looking for another solution that bypasses the default setting so I an choose to make the screen MUCH lower than the default.

You ever notice how sometimes the screen will DIM when you use certains apps? The screen CAN go dimmer but we just need a way to make it work.

Also, any headset out there to make the songs skip to the next song using the headset button. Im also looking for a music app that supports play,pause,skip a song and have not found ANY. Does this exist?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:

Inundated

Reaction score
Menu > Settings > Sound & display > (scroll down a bit) > Brightness

You can also make a shortcut to Sound & display.

fegarem

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm looking for an app or "something" that can lower the brightness of the screen. You see I read alot at night and the droids back light is killing my eyes. I did find some little apps that lowered the light but the screen is still to BRIGHT!

Am I stuck with this or is there something or an app I can use to choose just how low I want. This is one thing I miss from my iphone, with the iphone I could really lower that bright screen. With droid it is rediculous bright, not to mention its killing 48% of the battery unnecessary.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Menu => Settings => sound & display => Brightness

You may have to scroll down some, especially when you get to sound & display because the Brightness setting is second to last in the menu options.

OP
D

Droidforums

Reaction score
Menu > Settings > Sound & display > (scroll down a bit) > Brightness

You can also make a shortcut to Sound & display.

Thank you, but that I did know. Maybe I did not make it clear.
The "defualt" lowering option still leaves the screen to bright.
I was looking for another solution that bypasses the default setting so I an choose to make the screen MUCH lower than the default.

You ever notice how sometimes the screen will DIM when you use certains apps? The screen CAN go dimmer but we just need a way to make it work.

Inundated

Reaction score

Oh, OK. I see what you're talking about, now.

It's probably going to require someone to write an app for it, if it can even be done. The menu option above is the "default" brightness control, and if there's any way to "push below it" as a user-defined setting, it won't be easy.

OP
D

Droidforums

Reaction score

It's probably going to require someone to write an app for it, if it can even be done. The menu option above is the "default" brightness control, and if there's any way to "push below it" as a user-defined setting, it won't be easy.

Man I HOPE someone makes as app for that. I will be more than happy to pay good cash for it!

mjs31

Reaction score

Man I HOPE someone makes as app for that. I will be more than happy to pay good cash for it!

No doubt someone will. This open source thing is great.