need advice quick having issues with vzw cust svc

tktouch12

Reaction score
ok, i was on my 4th droid when the 2.2 update "bricked" my phone. i went to the store which i know can fix it but they told me they couldnt help me. i have rsdlite and i could have easily fixed it myself, but i was tired of my phone breaking.
so, i called vzw and was a jerk and told them i'd cancel and i wanted to talk to their manager and all that and he said there was nothing he could do. so, i said fine, i'll try motorola then call verizon back if motorola wouldnt give me an x. (this was a very important step. all this did was give me an excuse to call later and get a nicer rep... ya brilliant..)
so motorola said no, so i called vzw again and i was very nice. i said it was getting annoying, and the rep agreed that she would be upset if her droids had this many problems too. i asked if she could get me a different type of refurb and she agreed :))) she sent me an incredible and i didnt even have to talk to her manager. she was literally the nicest rep i've dealt with. so, i asked for her information so i could put in a good word for her and i think that may have helped, but either way she sent me an incredible (but refurb)

so,,, be nice. and get a good representative.

good luck

mcmcomp

Reaction score
Both my Finace and I have the D1. Her's updated to 2.2 two days before mine and immediately her phone started slowing down. But after mine updated, it came to a stand still. I could use it, but it booted slow, ran slow and was really annoying. My VZW MotoDriod 1 was the best cell phone I'd ever had, and yes I've had many, including other networks. I called VZW support. On call one the support person told me to restore to factory settings. (I never did) I started reading post on here and other forums. This past Friday I had had enough and called VZW support again, convinced it was a 2.2 issue with a D1 and demanded a replacement. They put me over to a Level 2 tech and she was great. Without admitting it, she told me to just go to the local VZW Store and have them update the phone. That since my first call and second call, Google and VZW have a fix and it can be corrected by visiting a VZW store with tech support. But she told me to "check my app killer" programs. I was running ATK and ATK2, removed ATK2 and immediately saw an improvement. So I did more research and actually found a post about Task Killers and their conflict with 2.2. (Because you don't need a Task Killer with 2.2) I thought to myself, "it can't be this simple". I wish I remembered which forum I read that on, but after removing ATK, both versions, my D1 is back to normal. I'm not saying that's what fixed it, but it's working fine, just like new.

BTW, they said the D1 replacement was back ordered and said it would ship within a week. I said, I wanted it by Tuesday. (So I was a *&^#^) On Saturday, I received a VZW email with the notice of shipping and a tracking number. Check the tracking number, it will be here tomorrow. I'm sending it back because my orignial D1 is fine. (Yes, I have a service plan).

As far as my Finace's D1, we removed ATK, she was only running the ATK and not ATK2 like I was. Her phone is fine and her battery issue is back to normal. Before I get blasted, I know the battery issue could have been caused by other circumstances, but if it's a coincidence so be it.

I'm a novice. I've read about rooting and haven't yet.

Last edited:

mcmcomp

Reaction score
Well now I have a delima? My replacement phone was delievered as expected and definately sooner then the week they said it would be. But what a surprize when I opened the box. It was a brand new Driod 2.

I was set on keeping my Driod 1 that "I" had fixed or corrected. The Support said they were sending me a reconditioned Driod 1 and that I had to make sure to keep my original battery, battery cover, SD card, charger, USB cable becuase it wouldn't be included with the replacement.

Well the Driod 2 is NEW and has all the accessories. So now what do I do? (To understand my confusion read my orginial post #17)

hozer797

Reaction score
D2 for D1

Well they went and totally redeemed themselves at Verizon. They sent me a brand new D2 for my dead D1. Now I am just hoping I have better luck with this phone. dancedroid

BUckeyemike84

Reaction score
VZW customer service is horrible. My business phone is down for 2 days right now and there reps could care less. I was in verizon store today for 3rd time since 6-25-2010 when I bought it, wasting another hour of my time trying to get my droid1 to work. Its been replaced twice already. Droid1 is garbage apparently because my screen wont work after a 10 minute call. It just locks up. Definitely worse after 2.2 ota.

You think vzw cs is bad...you are crazy! Try going to Att or even Sprint! Then you will realize vzw is better than any other carrier and probably one of the better cs out of any other industry, except Progressive Direct Insurance which is the best ever!