need advice quick having issues with vzw cust svc

ndz4spd

Reaction score
Hey guys been talking to vzw. Since Sunday about issues they are sending me out another d1 said be here Monday not here then today. Not here the rep said they are on back order and don't know when they are getting more. Now I'm stuck with a jacked up d1 all cause of this stinking 2.2 update and they said they are not replacing phones for different phones. I have 4 lines with them guess I need to call back and threaten to cancel!!!!!!!!! Willing to listen to advice ............. and yes they walked me thru everything to fix it. Only thing the tech could offer was a credit for my data plan????

bamfsig45

Reaction score
If I were a vzw rep and some disgruntled customer called me and threatened to cancel service, I would say OK. Then watch as the customer squirmed their way out of that one. Probably why I wouldnt work in a customer service position. haha

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
With out insurance I think your screwed. How did the update jack your droid up?

OP
N

ndz4spd

Reaction score
Well 2 of my lines are out of contract. And the issues were getting stuck on the m logo. Selecting icons and then the app won't pull up wifi screwing up a bunch of stuff of other stuff. Phone was perfect with 2.1

tommyb38

Reaction score
I agree, why does every customer think that they are the world's greatest customer? So your phone is not acting correctly, Verizon has informed you that you will receive a replacement when one comes available. What would you say if you called Verizon and asked them to extend your due date for your bill because you were short on money and they threatened to drop you? Does everybody think that Verizon Wireless is stupid? They know what games are played everytime a new phone is launched. Sure, supplies are short right now on CLNR D1's, and verizon wireless employees check there forums all the time and know what people are up to, trust me, I know this for a fact. ;)

cromo8

Reaction score
there are plenty of people who have gotten a d2 or x as a replacement even incredible for the d1

id say this "ive heard of other gettign a different phone so i know its possible"

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
To the O.P. - do you think by threatening to cancel your service that you'll be the first one to ever come up with that idea? It's one of the oldest threats in a VZW call center. Lets see, yup, you do have 2 lines out of contract...but then again you have 2 lines still in contract. Ok, you have at least one Android phone that the ETF is $350 if you cancel right away, ok, lets say you've had it 3 months, that's $320 bills you'd owe on that. I don't have any idea what the other line in contract is, but let's throw another $100 for that one guessing it's not a smartphone. Ok, lets see, we don't have a Droid 1 to send out right now, it's on back order, it's out of VZW's hands and he said he's going to Sprint. Ok, as a VZW rep I'd call your bluff - well sir, I'm sorry you want to leave, but I will cancel out those lines, you'll have your next bill with any overages, purchases and the ETF fees. But, but, but, I didn't actually say I was going to cancel my service. Oh ok, I'm sorry I thought you were canceling and going to Sprint.

As a VZW rep for 2-1/2 years, I can tell you first hand that I heard that threat at least 3 times a day. Not once in that time did they ever carry through with their threat, and many times there were notes in there saying to the effect this person is difficult and threatens every month to leave for another carrier. Or, on the first screen that pops "threatens to cancel every month". Those are the easiest and most fun customers I got to deal with.

I don't think the problem is with Verizon Wireless CS. I think you need to sit back and just wait like anyone else who is waiting for a Droid 1 as a replacement.

vatothe0

Reaction score
Hey guys been talking to vzw. Since Sunday about issues they are sending me out another d1 said be here Monday not here then today. Not here the rep said they are on back order and don't know when they are getting more. Now I'm stuck with a jacked up d1 all cause of this stinking 2.2 update and they said they are not replacing phones for different phones. I have 4 lines with them guess I need to call back and threaten to cancel!!!!!!!!! Willing to listen to advice ............. and yes they walked me thru everything to fix it. Only thing the tech could offer was a credit for my data plan????

Why don't you just go to a store and have them fix it? They have the software loaded on their computers to correct this.

My advice? Stop whining.

hozer797

Reaction score
VZW customer service is horrible. My business phone is down for 2 days right now and there reps could care less. I was in verizon store today for 3rd time since 6-25-2010 when I bought it, wasting another hour of my time trying to get my droid1 to work. Its been replaced twice already. Droid1 is garbage apparently because my screen wont work after a 10 minute call. It just locks up. Definitely worse after 2.2 ota.

OP
N

ndz4spd

Reaction score
wow didnt know this would cause so much trouble. yes i have cancelled with verizon before. left them for about 5 years. i'm not whining was looking for friendly advice/venting a little, but i guess everybody here has another agenda. never said i was the greatest customer but i feel i am. i pay my bill bill ahead of time never late. i give them about 2500 dollars of my hard earned money a year and when they do something to mess up a perfectly good phone and admidt they are having issues and problems. they told me i would have a phone on monday. they also said they would call me on monday no phone call/no phone. talk to another rep they apologize and tell me i will have phone on wed. no phone/no phone call/no email. call back for the 4th time and then they finally tell me we don't have any d1 and we don't know when we are getting one to replace the one we know is messed up by a software issue we sent you. i would say yes i'm a little upset. would they keep my service going if i never called them and then told them a few days late sorry my money is on back order and i don't know when it is coming in. any how i am done with this

OP
N

ndz4spd

Reaction score
any mod feel free to delete this whole thing

tommyb38

Reaction score
VZW customer service is horrible. My business phone is down for 2 days right now and there reps could care less. I was in verizon store today for 3rd time since 6-25-2010 when I bought it, wasting another hour of my time trying to get my droid1 to work. Its been replaced twice already. Droid1 is garbage apparently because my screen wont work after a 10 minute call. It just locks up. Definitely worse after 2.2 ota.

All I can say if the Droid was such a horrible phone, they would have plenty of them to go around as refurb units. The reason inventory is down on the refurbs(CLNR) is because there are not an abundance of these phones returned to be refurbed. Go into the store and swap your blackberry, any blackberry, or LG Envy and there are tons of them. The Droid has been around for almost a year, and there aren't enough refurbs when there is a small problem that is affecting a small percentage of the device. Sounds like the device has been pretty good to me.

hozer797

Reaction score
No phone delivered friday as verizon customer service said. Now its sunday I call after hearing nothing from verizon and they say I should have it by tomorrow at 3:30 pm. If I ran my business like verizons customer service I would be out of business. They know they got you by the balls and they dont care. They just blame motorola. Customer service rep supervisor even told me the motorola droids are no good in his opinion. That really makes me feel good about my purchase.

reggin

Reaction score
I think it's rotten you guys blasting the OP for whining. I would be pissed to the tee and they damn well better make it right, don't care if I get a different phone or what not.

That being said, I hope my beloved D1 doesn't take a crap...

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
OP sorry to hear. More sorry to read people that claim to work for VZW blasting you for being frustrated over a phone that died from an ota update. Folks like that should not work with the public

Ask for a district manager. You may get someone who cares a little more about customer service. Supply and demand issues aside they should be able to give you something temporary at least.

Try the rescue squad here. They may be able to get you back running.

Lastly, I have been with VZW since before they were VZW. The DM route has solveed most of my Neanderthal cs issues. One I could not resolve I posted to the national (not local) Better Business Bureau. I got a call in 2 or 3 days from all kinds and levels of VZW folks wanting to make things right