Need a widget for...

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Is there a widget for choosing the UAString I want to use. The UAString tells the website I'm going to if I'm a mobile device or a desktop computer. Basically, there are some websites I want to view on my phone as the desktop version. For instance, the mobile site for NHL.com is crap. I want the full site.

Now, I know I can put about:debug in the android browser address bar and I can then change it in the new options in the settings menu, but i want a widget that I can press that will simply change the UAString from Mobile to Desktop and vice versa.

Has anyone seen a widget like this or has the know how to make one?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a widget for choosing the UAString I want to use. The UAString tells the website I'm going to if I'm a mobile device or a desktop computer. Basically, there are some websites I want to view on my phone as the desktop version. For instance, the mobile site for NHL.com is crap. I want the full site.

Now, I know I can put about:debug in the android browser address bar and I can then change it in the new options in the settings menu, but i want a widget that I can press that will simply change the UAString from Mobile to Desktop and vice versa.

Has anyone seen a widget like this or has the know how to make one?

I'll bet a hundred dollars nothing like that exist, or I'd of heard about it a long time ago.