How to disable mobile sites in native browser

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^^ nsfw for that link LOL

Thanks for this tip. I liked how xScope and some other browsers would let you change the User Agent but I honestly don't like the other browsers as much as the stock one. This makes it perfect!

prowler85

Reaction score
If you want to disable mobile sites in the native browser

Did some searching around and no one on this forum has posted how to do it.

-Open browser
-Type "about:debug" in the address bar - press "go" Nothing will happen, this will only enable more options in the menu
-go to menu -> more -> settings
-scroll down to "UAString"
-Select "desktop"

your good to go
****ing awesome, thanks!

+1 Just a few days ago I couldn't order a pizza on papajohn's mobile site and couldn't get to the real site. Had to call them, darn it! Took me 10 minutes to realize my droid makes calls too!

akj27

Reaction score
Not working for me, I did exactly as said, and it still takes me to mobile websites.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not working for me, I did exactly as said, and it still takes me to mobile websites.
I noticed that some sites work and some don't. I tried deviantart.com and got the full version (usually get mobile) but then I tried photobucket and it forwarded me to m.photobucket.com so I'm not sure why it's so spotty.

Kr4zexghost

Reaction score
wow. That's awesome. Thanks for sharing!! I downloaded xscope for this purpose but now i dont need it. This should def. be stickieddddddddd :icon_ banana:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I get a force close when I try to get into settings...

hacksaw

Reaction score
Great tip! Many thanks.

I nominate this for inclusion in the tips/faq section.

aliasgx

Reaction score
Has anybody experienced problems like it still directing you to the mobile sites on the new 2.3 (4.5.588 update)???? any way to fix this????

ZubaZ

Reaction score
If you want to disable mobile sites in the native browser

Did some searching around and no one on this forum has posted how to do it.

-Open browser
-Type "about:debug" in the address bar - press "go" Nothing will happen, this will only enable more options in the menu
-go to menu -> more -> settings
-scroll down to "UAString"
-Select "desktop"

your good to go

dancedroid Thanks! Mobile sites have been driving me crazy lately. I can't see anything, most of the time I can't tweet or a like anything on a mobile page, and with 4G it doesn't take me but a second to load the desktop version anyways. This is a great tip that worked like a charm on my droid. Thanks again!