Need a "DROID terms" reference guide

BoomerBud

Reaction score
I have already received some great feedback; one challenge that I have is that I don’t speak “DROID-ese” yet.
Is there a place that I can go to get the definitions of a lot of what has been shared like:
Roms
Rooting/root
Rsdlite
Bootstrap recovery
Rom manager
Nondroid backup
Etc………..:blink:
Instead of me asking one annoying question after another; I would like a basic understanding of what I am asking help for.
I agree with one of your TEAM (Together Everyone Accomplishes More) which he said read some of the stuff we share; than ask the question that we can better assist you. GREAT answer!!dancedroid

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or just use search/Google. Don't overlook the resources that you already have at hand. If you want to root and so on you really need to learn to fish for yourself anyway.

OP
BoomerBud

BoomerBud

Reaction score
Fish for a day / Fish for a life time.......

I agree; you can “give” them a fish everyday or “teach them how to fish for themselves. A fish for a day, or teach them to fish for a life time.

DROID 2 fishing is a whole new sport for me; heck I barely know where the on and off button is on my computer let alone how the DROID android system works.

I am eager to “fish” on my own; I just need some basic tools in the DROID works to get started.

And, yes, I love Google, but my drawback is “I don’t speak computer-ese nor DROID-ese” very well yet.
Some of the difficulty I run into from “DROID thread to thread” and/or “Google link to link” is more of the same computer/DROID-ese; I just don’t understand the terminology and/or abbreviations that are used to explain this or that.
Seems to be a given assumption that the person reading the “thread/link” has the given background to grasp what is being said………bad assumption!

I and those like me I’m sure are eager to fish on our own.

I just need a sea to fish from……..Droid Forum!
And I need fishing guides…..again, Droid forum!

I have yet to find a better Forum then “Droid Forum”; but again I might be ignorant of “forums” in general.

With that said……let's get to fishing shall we?!:)

OP
BoomerBud

BoomerBud

Reaction score
Research and questions on "rooting"

I have been doing some research on the term “rooting.

And I came across this article “The dangers of rooting your Android phone”
(The dangers of rooting your Android phone – Android and Me)

I know this is just one article of many I’m sure about “rooting”; but why, from reading this article, would anyone want to run the risk of rooting their phone, especially someone new like myself.
There has to be some overwhelming benefit to be welling to side step some very obvious hazards to your/my phone.:icon_eek:

I have done some research, probably not enough; so now can someone enlighten me please.