Some way to prevent one app steal focus of another app

RegiOween

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Moto X Play
Hello, folks!

I'm new in this forum, so I registered just to ask this specific question:

Is there some way to prevent one app steal focus of another app in Android?
I'm a ride share driver, so I work with both the ride share app and Waze app open at the same time, but constantly, close to the end of the trip, the ride share app steal focus from the Waze app, and sometimes I totally lost my way, having to stop the car, and manually give focus to Waze again.

Besides being very annoying, this is very dangerous, because sometimes is impossible to stop the car in a safe place before switching focus again.

This is something that's really driving me crazy (literally) since I started driving ride share apps, so I desperately asking for your help for this problem.

My setup:
Motorola Moto X Play
Android 7.1.1 (Rooted)

Thanks in advance!

RegiOween

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum. . I don't think there is a way that we can set one app to always be the main app on-screen. If there is a way, I'm not aware of it. I think this is coded into the apps themselves. Like Google Maps as an example. I have never seen another app take priority, Maps will always be the priority app and have the screen focus.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
RegiOween

RegiOween

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Moto X Play
Welcome to the Forum. . I don't think there is a way that we can set one app to always be the main app on-screen. If there is a way, I'm not aware of it. I think this is coded into the apps themselves. Like Google Maps as an example. I have never seen another app take priority, Maps will always be the priority app and have the screen focus.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Hello Sajo!

I tested Google Maps before Waze (which in my opinion is in many ways better than Google Maps, but that's not the point now) and yeah, Uber Driver and 99 Driver (the ride share apps I use), steal focus from Maps too.