Nebtop hack for razr maxx not working right.

kidnice15

Reaction score
Just made the switch from the GNex to the Maxx and I gotta say I love it. Before the Gnex I had a bionic so I am pretty familiar with moto
anyway, I tried the nebtop hack and it connects to my tv but for some reason my phone that is supposed to act like a track pad doesn't work
Is there something I am doing wrong? I am rooted, running ODEX build of clutch V1.0 Basically just wanted to get
rid of all the bloat. Anybody know why my trackpad on my phone isn't working when I am connected via nebtop

1lowranger

Reaction score
You make the 5th device I've heard of doing this seems to be a software bug you should be able to work around it with Bluetooth mouse and keyboard hopefully it will be solved soon
My razr does this also it seems to only affect phones activated or reset since the 902 update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
I had this same problem, the way I fixed it was :

1. enable GPS
2. date and time settings --> disable automatic
3. set your timezone to something other than where you actually are
4. reboot

and then I had a trackpad with mouse buttons on the display. This was on a DROID4 w/ Nebtop 1.3

khavalier

Reaction score
Wow, some good juju

I had this same problem, the way I fixed it was :

1. enable GPS
2. date and time settings --> disable automatic
3. set your timezone to something other than where you actually are
4. reboot

and then I had a trackpad with mouse buttons on the display. This was on a DROID4 w/ Nebtop 1.3

Boy, I have to admit I couldn't imagine how/why this would work, but I followed the steps. First time through it didn't work and realized I was running Nebtop 0.5. Upgraded (for a small fee ;-), rebooted and, as they say, voila, it worked!

It also works with my VGA adapter (which I don't understand why that stopped working). In any case, switched my timezone back to automatic and it still works! :hail:

Thanks so much for the fix! I was really bummed and now I'm delighted. Great feeling and it is thanks to your tip.

BTW - what on earth lead you to this solution?

Khav

1lowranger

Reaction score
well I mis read this the other day when i posted my phone is stock no nebtop hack i am using the webtop adapter just tried this and to my amazement it worked! i am going to try this on my brothers device tonight and i expect it will fix his as well. since you guys are having the same issue i am i think we can safely assume this is not a nebtop issue but rather a bug in webtop itself. here is the background on my issue from a thread i started a few weeks ago.

My issue is When connecting to Webtop with the adapter and an hdmi cable I am getting webtop to display on my monitor properly but the phone does not give me the track pad or soft keyboard on its screen it just stays black. This wouldnt be an issue if you were using a lapdock because it has those features built in. I have also noticed that if i connect the smart controller the controller works properly. I have the motorola keyboard i plan on testing soon but i asume it will work since bluetooth works with the smart controler. This seems to have been introduced on phones activated since the last update. I first noticed it when my brother got his phone last week his would connect but with no controlls. (on a side note i had to waranty my phone on the same day he got his, because the store assumed my phone had a bad hdmi port. The Hdmi would ramdomly cut out, this was a compltetly separate issue and turned out to be the cable. Subsquently i sent the refurb replacement back and kept my orriginal because the new device had the control issue and my current phone did not. ) My orriginal phone has since been Factory data reset because my email quit rconizing my passwords and would not allow me to update them or delete the accounts. After the reset the phone boot with the xt912 update instead of the software it shipped with and the webtop control issue had been introduced. According to Verizion and Motorla they have never seen my issue but i have confirmed it on 3 devices. Webtop has worked properly on my device with the current update before. the only difference in my phone and the other two is when it worked properly the phone was activated and up dated as the updates were released. The other two booted wit the xt912 update and had the problem from the begining. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.

1lowranger

Reaction score
as suspected this worked on my brothers phone also on a side not i did reboot twice on both phones before it worked