Refurb Razr Maxx Battery Concerns

ddenuzz

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I just switched to a Razr Maxx after going through 3 different Gnex phones with 3 separate issues. I am unfortunately having some battery issues with this phone.

The phone lasts me about 18 hours tops using 3g/4g. There is some music streaming and other things going on too, in addition to games. I'm not expecting 50 hours life, but I have been hearing about people routinely getting 28 hours or so. I have only been able to get that high using wifi connections at home and work which seem to drain much less battery for me.

I am trying to follow FoxKat's suggestions to cycle to 15% to 100% with phone off. I have never charged the phone while it was on so far.

Should I be concerned about my battery life? I don't really get how people can go for 13-14 hrs and be at 78%. Using my phone lightly on this charge so far, I am at 83% for 3hr 41 min.

Thanks!

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
18hrs is dang good! I think its doing just fine! When I am home I have tasker turn off my mobile data and GPS and use wifi and I keep my screen at the darkest setting(personal preference not because I want more battery life). I have had a pretty quite day with my phone and I am at 65% right now but I don't have 4g only 3g so that helps my battery as well. I would be happy with what your getting. Maybe a little tweaking using smart actions or tasker will get you closer to 20 hrs which is awesome!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
OK, first off you need to go onto smart actions and enable battery saver. Long press and delete the motion, and turn off GPS rules.

Next, go I to the task manager and add everything to auto kill. But as soon as you get ics, that will be gone...

Smart actions will make this device last a lot longer.. try it out..
Also, most people getting that kind of life are using wifi and are light users.. my maxx's never last longer than 30 hours usually 20 or less, It's all in the kind of user a person is.

Screen on time is what kills this phone, actually any of these phones.

Screen on time

Also I'm moving this to the smart phone battery sub forum :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
D

ddenuzz

Reaction score
Thank you both for your quick responses!

I am somewhat relieved knowing that many of these users are also using wi-fi. I also keep my screen on the lowest brightness (almost always plenty bright enough for me). And I have been using smart actions to disable data when using wi-fi as well. I just wanted to make sure that my battery capacity was at a normal range---- not knowing how much these high level users are using wi-fi, etc.

Hoping that ICS will improve battery life instead of worsen it

thanks again