Navigation audio for Google Maps is now using media volume killing the phones car use

Crf450r420

Reaction score
I tired to search and did read what I could get to come up (site is running way slow), but saw nothing. If there is something out there, sorry I don't have an hour to wait on the site to find it.

I noticed with my D2 at the end that the music would get louder in the car and I wouldn't hear any NAV directions. Before I figured it out I got a Razr Maxx and it also does it. I have figured out why now. The NAV volume use to be on it's own and you could set it and then set your media volume to get the perfect balance between your music volume and the NAV directions. At some point an update made it where the NAV uses media volume with you music app, so now on my phone the music gets louder when the NAV tries to talk. I can only hear it when it is a quite part of a song or if I don't listen to music at all. This really sucks. Who wants to drive with no music? So, now I have to go with no music or play the radio and hope I don't get it to loud that I can't hear my phones speaker during directions. This has killed the phone for use in the car.

I tried to email the developer, but there is no email like most apps. I went to their website and there was a forum, so I posted about it. Some guy (not from Google) said there is nothing I can do to fix it. So, what can I do? How can I fix it or how do I get a hold of Google about this issue?

I can't be the only one with this issue. I can't be the only one that uses my phone as a hub for everything while driving and hate that it is not ruined.

OP
C

Crf450r420

Reaction score
zero replies? So, does this mean nobody knows how to fix it or contact someone at google about issues with their apps? I can't be the only one that listens to music with their phone and also does GPS at the same time. I bet some professional drivers actually do something like this daily. Usually if there is another thread someone will get upset and then someone else will be helpful and post a link to that thread, but nothing. I'll have to try another search if I get a chance later, hopefully the site is working fast today. Didn't have any trouble getting to the thread, so that should be a good indication.

OP
C

Crf450r420

Reaction score
Found some time tonight. Found nothing about this here on the site, so I started searching on the web. I came to a google app help site.

Google Play Help

Got on the phone with a guy that didn't know about the issue. We did some testing. He grabbed phones from people around him and all had the same issue. I grabbed my girlfriends D2 and uninstalled all updates. This gave me a NAV volume again, but the media still didn't stop for directions. It however is something you can work with where the newer updated version like my phone does not work at all. The guy said it is not really his job to fix the apps and that he would be writing it all up and forwarding the issue to the developers. I am suppose to get updates on it, so hopefully it will be fixed soon.