Name that App!?

pwjone1

Reaction score
OK, it was bound to happen. I'm playing with Home applications, to get more screens, etc., and have the base Android home screen, plus Launcher+, plus dxTop. There's an App showing up on the first two, installed I don't at least remeber when, that I would like to add to dxTop on a screen, but.... I cannot remember the App name. Kind of embarrassing, but hey... I would post a screen shot, but you guessed it, it's not on dxTop, and Launcher+ and default Home don't have screen capture, and I'm having trouble installing the SDK, so I'm going to have to describe what it looks like on the screen:

There's a row of icons, contiguous, 5 across:

1. Wireless (on/off)
  2. Bluetooth on/off
  3. GPS on/Off
  4. Round circle with two arrows in it (not sure what it does, actually) On/Off
  5. Brightness on/off

The icons are continuous, extend across the whole screen. Black/grey background. Symbols in white, green at the bottom of the icon when it's "on". So you effectively have a row of off/on switches.

Seems like a nice enough application or widget, hopefully others have it, but I just cannot find it in my marketplace downloads, or otherwise seem to be able to find the name.

Can anyone Name that App?

Thanks in advance.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK. I can play this game. I have a widget on my screen labeled "SD Card" with an icon showing an SD card and the letter "A" in front of it. Given the font of the "A" I assume this is somehow associated with the Astro file manager but frankly, I don't know what the point of the separate icon is. (Touching it does nothing more than list all directories on the SD card and the percentage of the storage each uses.)

Furthermore, I have no installed application that corresponds to this icon. I'd toss it in the trash can but I can't figure out how I'd ever recover it if I did so. And I don't want to uninstall the Astro file manager just to see if this extra icon disappears.

Anybody have a clue?

paddy

Reaction score
OK. I can play this game. I have a widget on my screen labeled "SD Card" with an icon showing an SD card and the letter "A" in front of it. Given the font of the "A" I assume this is somehow associated with the Astro file manager but frankly, I don't know what the point of the separate icon is. (Touching it does nothing more than list all directories on the SD card and the percentage of the storage each uses.)

Furthermore, I have no installed application that corresponds to this icon. I'd toss it in the trash can but I can't figure out how I'd ever recover it if I did so. And I don't want to uninstall the Astro file manager just to see if this extra icon disappears.

Anybody have a clue?

It does come from Astro. You open Astro, go to menu->more->preferences->Home Screen Icons.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Anybody have a clue?

Astro, indeed. If you trash the icon it will not uninstall Astro.

OP
pwjone1

pwjone1

Reaction score
its the stock power widget, long press on the screen click widgets then power control :)

Thanks! Owe you one. That was it. Explains also why I didn't remember downloading it from the Marketplace.

Oh, now that I know what the toggle bar application is, what's the two arrows in a circle on the 4th. icon. Is that airplane mode or something?

OP
pwjone1

pwjone1

Reaction score
its the stock power widget, long press on the screen click widgets then power control :)

Thanks! Owe you one. That was it. Explains also why I didn't remember downloading it from the Marketplace.

Oh, now that I know what the toggle bar application is, what's the two arrows in a circle on the 4th. icon. Is that airplane mode or something?

Found an answer, murphy's law, right after posting. Turns off data sync, not the phone.