mywi for droid?

jkaczyn18

Reaction score
I recently was talking to a buddy who has an iphone. He was showing me an app that he has that turns his phone into a wifi router. When he turned it on he could pick up wireless internet on his laptop through his phone. I was just wondering if there is an app like that for the moto droid, and if so what is it called and how do you use it?

coolkidd

Reaction score
Hmm... I think he has jailbreak his iPhone.... I don't think Apple would approve such app.

Anyway, the only way to do this is via a 3G router device such as the Cradlepoint CTR500. I use this for my wife's BB Pearl and it works great!

At the moment, Cradlepoint does not support the Droid (or any Android phones for that matter). Hopefully by next year, they will realize that Android is here to stay and eventually support the Droid.

DA717

Reaction score
Yea I'm pretty sure the iphone is jailbroken. You can only do this on the droid when it gets rooted.

DA717

Reaction score
I'm using that as well, but it's not exactly the same. I had a windows mobo that can turn the phone into a hotspot (wifi router/access point) and allowed more than one laptop to share the internet of the phone.