Mystery Mid-Range Motorola Phone Suggests Design Aesthetic Paradigm Shift

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;YxYEt8S7q-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YxYEt8S7q-4[/video]​

If the above video and included pics are any indication, it certainly looks like some of the future Motorola/Google devices will adopt a new design scheme which looks eerily reminiscent of the Nexus line. First, let us allay your fears... this is NOT the mysterious X Phone we have heard much/little about over the past 6 months. This is some future mid-range device from Motorola, and as you can obviously see it's a major design shift for the company. It's more organic and curvy and eschews the kevlar materials for a more traditional soft-rubberized backing.

Tinhte_Motorola_mid-range-future-phone.jpg
Tinhte_Motorola_mid-range-future-phone-2.jpg

We aren't sure what to make of this here at HQ. Some of us don't mind the design, and some of us can't stand it. It does seem like "more of the same" rather than cutting edge, and to be perfectly frank (if anyone at Google/Motorola), many of us are rather partial to the Motorola RAZR designs. They are evocative and impactful. This mystery device above is neither of those things. We are certainly hoping that this is not the future direction of all Googorola phones. What do you guys think?

Source: Phandroid

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i actually like it more then their current phone designs. as long as it packs 3k battery, i'm good with design.

g_what

Reaction score
I prefer the current RAZR designs to this. Current RAZR devices are immediately distinguishable by their design. This new phone looks more generic and 'go with the flow' styling. Not a fan.