Motorola Teases Mystery Device set to Launch Friday

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Two arms, a leg, one buttock, and 9/10 of a baby-maker sounds about right.

Depending on which tenth we get to keep that may or may not be worth it :)

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Weird to think a year ago we were sitting around waiting for the Bionic to hit in a few weeks.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
What'll grab my goat is after spending most of 7 bills I'll get a letter in January saying unlimited is being eliminated, pick a new plan. Arg!!!

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Would be nice if the mystery device was a universal key for unlocking the bootloaders on ALL their devices.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You guys are braver than I am. I won't touch a new device until I see the development scene. I'd be a sad little camper if I had picked up a D4, RAZR, or MAXX. Even the Rezound didn't start to take off until a few months after it came out.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I don't ROM they can always root, that is all I need.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.

armeddroid

Reaction score
MissionImprobable said:
You guys are braver than I am. I won't touch a new device until I see the development scene. I'd be a sad little camper if I had picked up a D4, RAZR, or MAXX. Even the Rezound didn't start to take off until a few months after it came out.

I'll still wait once it's released. Give it a moment to settle in first before I decide. Full retail is an investment now. Lol.

bwass

Reaction score
Might be a dumb question but if you buy a phone at full retail how do you activate it and keep unlimited data?

GotnFX

Reaction score
bwass said:
Might be a dumb question but if you buy a phone at full retail how do you activate it and keep unlimited data?

Same way as if you buy a phone off ebay or get one somewhere else..either online using your verizon account or go to a store and say i want to activate this phone on my current number....you keep your current plan. If you buy the phone online at retail through Verizon or whatever (amazon, best buy), I believe there is an option which says keep current plan..The day you sign up for a new contract activating a non-retail phone (paying a discounted price), is when they push you to a data plan.

bwass

Reaction score
GotnFX said:
Same way as if you buy a phone off ebay or get one somewhere else..either online using your verizon account or go to a store and say i want to activate this phone on my current number....you keep your current plan. If you buy the phone online at retail through Verizon or whatever (amazon, best buy), I believe there is an option which says keep current plan..The day you sign up for a new contract activating a non-retail phone (paying a discounted price), is when they push you to a data plan.

Thanks

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
With 4g.. if it has the same size simcard... you just do a swap of the sim, it activates and you're good to go.