Mystery Bluetooth Device/Service?

jesrush

Reaction score
So I paired my Droid 2 to my Lenovo laptop (win7 x64) for the first time. Windows 7 downloads most of the necessary device drivers from Microsoft, however it cannot identify/find a driver for one of the services... see screenshot below.

Could a Windows 7 user who has no bluetooth problems please do me a HUGE favor and screenshot this same device installation screen on their PC so that we can identify the mystery 7th device/service??? You would need to un-pair / re-pair to see this screen again.

Thank you!!! -jason

bluetooth99.jpg

Last edited:

sorapp

Reaction score
I too have a Lenovo laptop (W500) and have the same problem. I've searched the web for a solution but can't find one. I even went to Broadcom's site and downloaded their drivers. Same problem.

debaucher

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem with my DroidX for the past month.
I am still searching for a solution.
I am using a Dell 370 mini-card bluetooth in case any one is wondering.
I have updated the drivers, uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times over the month.

I am sure we have the same problem since the 2 phones (x and 2) are basically the same deal.

I hope someone can shed light on this for all of us.

D.

debaucher

Reaction score
Anyone figure this out yet?

Edit.. just figured it out

Got this info from various areas and cobbled it together and it now works!

1)First download http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/device-center-download.mspx
After install you may get lucky and have it found, but I didn't so the next step

2)Go to device manager and select the "unknown bluetooth peripheral device" under "other devices"
Right click, select properties and choose "update driver"

3) Choose "browse my computer for driver software"
Next choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

4)Select "Bluetooth Radios" from the list and scroll down to "Microsoft Corporation" under the Manufacturer pane
Next choose "Windows Mobile-based device support" under the Model pane.

5)Click next and hit yes under the warning

6)You should now be done with a "Windows Mobile-based Device Support" listed under "Bluetooth Radios"

**Note.. if you do not install the Windows mobile device center 6.1 from the link then you will not get a "Microsoft Corporation" option for step 4 thus will not be able to install the correct driver

I then used the "Bluetooth File Transfer" app (free from market) and with it running I am now able to browse my phone files over bluetooth like I do on my mac.

Hope this helps..

I may post this in the droid X forum as well if that is not considered a double thread

D.

Last edited:

bullmoon

Reaction score
I have tried this solution - I don't think it does anything but get rid of the error messages - functionly, beyond that, nothing is different for me. Bluetooth operation of the phone is the same with or without those driver error messages.

Bluetooth features that work are Browse Folders, Send File, Play Music, Sync PIM - all these work fine with or without the Win Mobile Device Hack on my Dell XPS15. I have installed Blue Tooth File Transfer onto the Droid - don't know if that helps or not, but it does seem useful.

My RAZR is not a Windows Mobile Device so from that standpoint, this solution seems spurious. Unfortunately a real solution seems elusive. :-(