My X's wifi issues resolved (Maybe)

rboutin2

Reaction score
So, after playing around today with a few apps, called twonkey media server, webshare, and droimote, I've come to the conclusion that my router is the thing that is at fault with my x. I was able to do everything i've been trying without a problem at my parents on their belkin router. I come back home to my netgear wpn824 v3, and just a world of hurt again. So, i guess a lil heads up to yall, if you are having wifi problems and no fixes ever seem to fix it, then its prolly ur router. I will be sure to post back when i buy my new router and let yall know for sure if that is what it is.

OP
R

rboutin2

Reaction score
sorry, forgot to ask a couple questions. Is it at alll possible for my x to make it so I get kicked off xbox live? And, what router would yall recommend for the droid and droid x? My gf has the original droid, and she cant use our wifi either.

hoola

Reaction score
i have a cheap belkin/surf from walmart. $35. I have been on a laptop/droid x/ ps3/and gentouch tablet pretty much all day without a hitch with highest security settings

barski

Reaction score
I use a Linksys wrt320n that covers b, g, and n. but linksys firmware kinda sucks so i put dd-wrt firmware on it.

zamslam

Reaction score
So, after playing around today with a few apps, called twonkey media server, webshare, and droimote, I've come to the conclusion that my router is the thing that is at fault with my x. I was able to do everything i've been trying without a problem at my parents on their belkin router. I come back home to my netgear wpn824 v3, and just a world of hurt again. So, i guess a lil heads up to yall, if you are having wifi problems and no fixes ever seem to fix it, then its prolly ur router. I will be sure to post back when i buy my new router and let yall know for sure if that is what it is.

The trick is to use g and not n until Verizon or Moto fix their heinous defect.

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
WiFi issues again

I, too, had wifi issues on my home network. I read about switching the security from WPS2 to WPA or something like that (Switching from AES to TKIP). This worked immediately on my X, but it slowed down my home computer quite a bit....
so I changed the setting from "neighbor friendly" 150 Mbps to 300 Mbps.
This solution worked for about 3 days, but now my phone says it is connected, but nothing that actually requires the internet is working on the phone on the wifi network.

Any suggestions/ help? thank you in advance!