My wife asked a simple question - And then I got mad!

AzJazz

Reaction score
We were working with my wife's new DX, and she asked me why her Calendar appointments didn't show up in her Google Universal Search. I told her that she must have done something wrong ... But then I was surprised! (And, not in a good way!)

Apparently, I can't seem to search for Google Calendar events!

Is this true?? Could Android be missing such a basic functionality?

And, if it is true, has anybody found an app or extension that allows me to search Google Calendar events?

Thanks,

AzJazz

eliassami5

Reaction score
never noticed that, try going to settings > search > searchable items > and see if there is a check box to search your calendar. My Droid dosent have it so not sure if your X will. But i did a search in the market for "calendar search" and got some hits.

Phillipsave

Reaction score
Nope, calendar is not searchable through Searchable Items on Droid X.

OP
AzJazz

AzJazz

Reaction score
Try Aurora from the Market.

rjax - Thanks for the suggestion! I tried Aurora on my Droid, but it still didn't seem to search the Google Calendar events. (It did search my SMS, though)

Am I doing something wrong?

rjax

Reaction score
In Aurora, make sure to hit the physical menu button, then choose Searchable Items, and make sure Calendar is checked. I've got the Original Droid and it works fine for me this way....

One tip -- you don't actually have to go to the Aurora app to search after you've done the basic setup.

If you just do a regular phone search by tapping the physical search button (either once or twice, depending on whether the app you're in uses the physical search button for anything), after a couple seconds, you'll see an Aurora item at the bottom of the search results. Choose that, and it'll expand to show everything Aurora found. After you've done that a couple times, the Aurora results will start showing up at the top of the search results.

OP
AzJazz

AzJazz

Reaction score
rjax - I already have the "Calendar" option selected, but I still can't seem to search my calendar for events.

I'm running Froyo - I wonder if that is messing things up?

AzJazz

Message sent via my Borg implant

Nicky

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. Aurora worked fine before the 2.2 update but now it won't find calendar events. I made sure I have all the options checked under global search and in the Aurora app. Any ideas?

brochaos

Reaction score
might have something to do with google reorganizing the calendars in 2.2?