Help Google Disable my wifes gmail account?

kinger

Reaction score
Like the description says. suddenly my wifes D2 keeps asking for her password for her google account. So I try to go on the computer at home to log in. Well when I try there are little red words that says account disabled. Don't know what happened, and at this point I don't care. My wife is totally not computer savy, and is expecting me to fix this. So what is the best course of action? I have all of her contacts and calendar saved in Outlook (thank you companion link). Do I just open her a new account and try to reassociate her D2 with the new account, and if I do so what happens to her apps? None of her apps are paid they are all free?

Thanks in advance for your help.

lldanll

Reaction score
I did a little research on Google disabling the account and it sounds like people are having a hard time getting their accounts reactivated when that happens. If she doesn't care about it I would just make a new gmail account and set that up on that phone. You could try contacting Google about it and get it reactivated but from what I have read it can be a pain to do.

I am not familiar with the d2 but I would assume it would be done pretty much the same as on my x. Did u try going into the phone settings and look for an option called "accounts". In there it should list the Google account that is setup on the phone. You should be able to select it and hit remove. Then to you would want to add the new one in that same menu.

Since she has no paid apps on the phone I wouldn't worry about the apps. They should stay on the phone with no problems.

Hope that helps you out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
K

kinger

Reaction score
UPDATE:
In order to reassociate the D2 with a new google account, I had to a factory reset. Now I am redownloading all of her apps. She is not going to be happy that she has to reenter all of her different passwords, but at least it is working again.

Thanks Google

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums