My weather app is ALWAYS 6-12 degrees off

snappingfish

Reaction score
I have Beautiful Home widget, and it is usually about 6-7 degrees off, sometimes higher, and sometimes lower than the real local temp. I also have Google news/Weather app, which is also about +/-5 degrees. AccuWeather has never been right. I would think that there should be SOME service that is closer to being right.

Anyone have a reliable weather fav?

Thx
fish

OP
snappingfish

snappingfish

Reaction score
I might try to find an app for Wunderground. Someone said they are close....any1 know of them?

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
Weatherbug has always been good to me it seems the most accurate because i have noticed my beautiful widgets and news and weather widgets are always a few degrees off of it and when i actually look up the temperature myself the weatherbug is the closest.

eshef

Reaction score
I have Beautiful Widgets and WeatherBug and they NEVER agree :icon_eek: Sometimes one is closer, sometimes the other - usually WeatherBug, but not always.

WeakChopper

Reaction score
I have heard (and we all know how reliable that is) that B. Widgets works off of Google's weather and Google's weather has always been wildly inaccurate. if that is true it makes sense that you have both Google weather and B. Widgets and they're both consistently unreliable.

Mine is also grossly incorrect at all times, but I just ignore it. Today it said it was 67 degrees all day. 67 degrees? In May, in Houston? Ha! That'll be the day.

JCo352

Reaction score
My Beautiful Widgets has been off, but lately it's been like one or two degrees off from the temp. in my truck. Oh and I'm in Tx and it was pretty cold today.

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
I have heard (and we all know how reliable that is) that B. Widgets works off of Google's weather and Google's weather has always been wildly inaccurate. if that is true it makes sense that you have both Google weather and B. Widgets and they're both consistently unreliable.

Mine is also grossly incorrect at all times, but I just ignore it. Today it said it was 67 degrees all day. 67 degrees? In May, in Houston? Ha! That'll be the day.

Actually the weather provided by the news and weather widget is from the weather channel

Riley

Reaction score
My whole BW weather has been not right since the last two updates. If i activate the geolocation, it doesn't update at all and doesn't put the temp notification in my status bar. I love the widget, but something isn't right with the weather part of I use geolocation. So for now I just have to manually use a zipcode based off where I am.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Get the weather channel. Stay away from weather bug, I believe that it's a problem application.

As far as temps being off, yes I've noticed it on Beautiful Home too but that's a Google problem, that's where the weather info comes from.

Reaction score
Get the weather channel. Stay away from weather bug, I believe that it's a problem application.

How so? I use it and it works fine most of the time. I've had the radar screen freeze on me but other then that it works.

All of these apps use NWS data. How often the provider (google, Accuweather, Weather Channel, or Weatherunderground) polls the data determines how accurate the data is. Some sites like Weatherunderground also have a network of private weather stations that they also draw info from. Also most NWS stations are located at airports and if the airport is quite a distance away from you you may get different readings then what is local to you.

Some of these apps will take the callsign for the airport ex: KDFW Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport or KDAL Dallas Love Field which might be closer then just inputting the city name or zip code. YMMV

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

How so? I use it and it works fine most of the time. I've had the radar screen freeze on me but other then that it works.

All of these apps use NWS data. How often the provider (google, Accuweather, Weather Channel, or Weatherunderground) polls the data determines how accurate the data is. Some sites like Weatherunderground also have a network of private weather stations that they also draw info from. Also most NWS stations are located at airports and if the airport is quite a distance away from you you may get different readings then what is local to you.

Some of these apps will take the callsign for the airport ex: KDFW Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport or KDAL Dallas Love Field which might be closer then just inputting the city name or zip code. YMMV

I've seen Weather Bug cause issues on Droids, Blackberry's and PC's. Many times people who are having problems with the Droid are able to fix it simply by removing Weather Bug.

Weather Bug has had a history of causing problems. It was one of the first products to be produced for the PC that contained spyware. I've seen it have negative affects on Blackberry.

That's why I don't recommend Weather Bug.

texasPI

Reaction score

I've seen Weather Bug cause issues on Droids, Blackberry's and PC's. Many times people who are having problems with the Droid are able to fix it simply by removing Weather Bug.

Weather Bug has had a history of causing problems. It was one of the first products to be produced for the PC that contained spyware. I've seen it have negative affects on Blackberry.

I agree...weather bug has some bad juju. Maybe a bad taste in my mouth from using it years ago on the pc.

huskur

Reaction score
also remember this important point. While you are sitting at your shaded house or by the pond or at the lake or wherever you may be the temperature being displayed is from the nearest airport weather source. Of course the temperatures at airports is always higher due to direct sun exposure all the time. Night temps are more accurate.

Anyway.........who lives at the airport?? Always found that odd when weather men/women give temps for the airport

bennyj

Reaction score

As far as temps being off, yes I've noticed it on Beautiful Home too but that's a Google problem, that's where the weather info comes from.

I have never had one issue using weather bug elite on my Droid. Runs flawlessly. This is not the same spammy app from years ago.

Its my personal opinion that its the best, most configurable weather app out. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score

Such as?

That isn't quite correct. Weatherbug is an advertising driven application. It is adware not spyware. It doesn't load keyloggers or secondary software, trojans or other malware. On a PC is can by annoying and early versions were so buggy that you had issues uninstalling them. (Wow a windblows program that doesn't uninstall correctly. There's a first.) Many antispyware programs remove it because it is adware. If you don't mind the ads the program is harmless. Lumping the droid version of the program because of it's past history is doing it a mis-justice.

Now if there are legitimate issues with the program, It sometimes freezes on me for example, then you have a point. With anything YMMV but I don't find much fault with WeatherBug.