My Video Review of the Droid Shell/Holster Combo

The HITMAN

Reaction score
[video=youtube;XaV87y9Si1A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaV87y9Si1A"]YouTube - Motorola Droid Shell Holster Combo[/video]

This is my FIRST ever video of an unboxing / review so please be gentle in the comments. I know it is probably a bit awkward and such but I just made it because I wanted to show everyone how nice of a holser/shell combo it was and how much better than the Body Glove case it was and more protective of your Droid since the screen faces inwards.

Geez, the moment I put the video up, I already have some jerk commenting on how silly and awkward my video was... maybe I should even have bothered?

Anyway, I HOPE you guys can enjoy and find the usefulness in it somewhere.

Last edited:

xxfire

Reaction score
I love that case and holster...
sucks it doesn't fit in the dock...

good review...

AM Son

Reaction score
Nice job with the review!

How do you think the case would hold up to the outdoors? I work outside, and I'm curious as to dirt/ dust/ getting banged around- does it seem worthy?

Thanks.

Dannab1

Reaction score
Thanks! Appreciate you taking the time to do that. We aren't close to a store and video demos really help me decide what to order online!

gouranga24

Reaction score
Tks for the review HITMAN. Helped me decide on which case to get. Side question: What is the clock app you are running on your main screen? I would like to get that big clock on my home screen too, but don't know where to get yours.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great review! I never saw this case at my VZW store and I read somewhere that it was discontinued. Hopefully I'm wrong because I may pick it up at some point!

Tks for the review HITMAN. Helped me decide on which case to get. Side question: What is the clock app you are running on your main screen? I would like to get that big clock on my home screen too, but don't know where to get yours.
I'm not sure which one he is using but check out Flip Clock Beta in the market. It is free and you can open it as an app for a nightstand or put it on your homescreen as a widget (what I do).

btw, gouranga = gta?

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Very Nice Review HITMAN !!! Yeah, that is a bummer that the desktop cradle wasn't made with the cases in mind.

OP
T

The HITMAN

Reaction score
Nice job with the review!

How do you think the case would hold up to the outdoors? I work outside, and I'm curious as to dirt/ dust/ getting banged around- does it seem worthy?

I would certainy help the edges of the screen a lot from any dust trying toget in there,..
Thanks.

There's two programs that work. One is called BEAUTIFUL WIDGETS and there's another that is called Weather Widgets (and then there's Weather Widgets Forcast Addon for the added weather icon INSIDE the clock widget.)

Both will cost you $1.50 @ marketplace and I think both are great but you can skin and change the icons in Weather Wiidgets so I will recommend that one!

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
Looks like a decent case. One thing I'm wondering is does the screen piece raise above the phone's screen level? To be more clear, if you layed the phone with the screen facing down, will the case prevent the phone's screen from touching the surface of whatever its laying on?

The color-see-through hard plastic cases I bought from the official verizon store have this. I considered that very important since the screen is the weakest point on the phone. It would help prevent the screen from cracking if it landed screen-first on a flat surface, such as a sidewalk.

Just so people know, the case that I have (the colored-see-through ones without the holsters) work with docks without taking the front/screen piece off. Only the back piece needs to be removed. I tested this with the GPS and multimedia dock. Since the top piece is the hardest part to remove and the most fragile on the phone, users should keep than in mind when switching it in/out of docks.

Overall, it looks like the version in this video is easier to install/remove but may not be as protective as the other kind that I have (which does not come with a holster).

OP
T

The HITMAN

Reaction score
Looks like a decent case. One thing I'm wondering is does the screen piece raise above the phone's screen level? To be more clear, if you layed the phone with the screen facing down, will the case prevent the phone's screen from touching the surface of whatever its laying on?

The color-see-through hard plastic cases I bought from the official verizon store have this. I considered that very important since the screen is the weakest point on the phone. It would help prevent the screen from cracking if it landed screen-first on a flat surface, such as a sidewalk.

Just so people know, the case that I have (the colored-see-through ones without the holsters) work with docks without taking the front/screen piece off. Only the back piece needs to be removed. I tested this with the GPS and multimedia dock. Since the top piece is the hardest part to remove and the most fragile on the phone, users should keep than in mind when switching it in/out of docks.

Overall, it looks like the version in this video is easier to install/remove but may not be as protective as the other kind that I have (which does not come with a holster).

I actually FORGOT to mention that in the review video but updated the COMMENT TEXT below the YouTube video with the update:

Here it is since you brought it up SwordOfWar:

UPDATE: Also, I forgot to mention this in the review but when you put the piece that covers the edges of the screen on, it also has about 0.5 - 1.0 mm of raised polycarbonate plastic around the screen so that if you drop your phone screen down, the screen with not hit the ground but instead the protector will because of the extra bit of raised plastic. THAT right there is an small bit of engineering brilliance that remains out of sight and does it's job!

Smity

Reaction score
Great Review Hitman, you pretty much sold me on this case for my Droid.

*PS: keep the vids coming man!

_33

Reaction score
Great review! Looks like it will be durable enough for my use. I would never have tried this without the review. So thanks!

BzB

Reaction score
i bought this case the same day i got my droid, but couldn't keep using it because the tabs that connect to the bottom of the screen shell rubbed against the keyboard. it made it more difficult to slide open and shut. might not affect every phone, but the space tolerance was too little on mine. nice review and nice case, just wish it fit mine.