OEM Verizon Case / Holster Combo

Slider46

Reaction score
So I have the stock shell / holster combo from Verizon. It's plastic with a rubberized coating and has a great holster that the Droid simply slides into from the top down.

Today, I noticed that the shell for the screen was a little loose on one side. After further inspection, I noticed that one of the tabs that holds the shell on had snapped. I thought it was no big deal since there's 3 or 4 other tabs that could do the job just fine. I decide to take the shell off to have a better look and two more tabs snap off.

Now the shell will barely stay on and is utterly useless as a protective device. Now, granted I have taken both shell pieces off more than once before and they seemed just fine. I've also only had the phone and case/holster for a month and a half tops.

I'm curious to find out if this is a widespread problem or if I just got a crappy shell. I've still got the packaging and receipt so hopefully I can take the defective one in and get a replacement (anyone know Verizon's In-Store return policy for defective accessories?)

:icon_eek:

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I had one of the pure plastic varieties and my tabs sure did snap off around a month and a half.

I've been running around without a case since :(

I'm not sure if they would consider it a defect. Their return policy us thirty days with a receipt.

OP
S

Slider46

Reaction score
I had one of the pure plastic varieties and my tabs sure did snap off around a month and a half.

I've been running around without a case since :(

I'm not sure if they would consider it a defect. Their return policy us thirty days with a receipt.

Hmm i'll have to call and ask about an exchange. Even then, I don't know if I want another that will just fail again. Might have to look into the Seidio shell/holster.

Trooper

Reaction score
Mine has yet to give me any problems. I've removed it maybe 10 times max, and it still fits nicely.

FYI, you can find these case/holsters on the bay for $11.99 shipped..

OP
S

Slider46

Reaction score
Mine has yet to give me any problems. I've removed it maybe 10 times max, and it still fits nicely.

FYI, you can find these case/holsters on the bay for $11.99 shipped..

My slight case of OCD forced me to order a new shell/holster set from Verizon ($29.99) and a set of screen protectors ($12.99). I got free overnight shipping so I guess that helps..

I don't think I could wait long enough for flea-bay shipping knowing my Droid was topless and it's screen nekkid.

I'll have to check the package of the old holster and see if there's any warranty or see if its even worth trying to send it out for a replacement.

Meh. I feel wallet screwed.

*Also, calling a Verizon store is useless - the machine literally says "all reps are busy, please call back later". If I went in they'd probably just give the whole "not defective, you just abused it" argument. I have yet to find anything on their website saying anything about defective products - just their 30-day w/ receipt return policy.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I've had my combo case/holster for about 2 months and have had no problems. I have probably removed it at least 20 times so far.

jtaliani

Reaction score
I too have that holster combo and haven't had any problems. I picked mine up on eBay for $10 and change shipped.

migdalorguy

Reaction score
This case seems to interfere with my microphone. When the case is one, people say my voice sound shorrible. With the case off, I sound fine. I;ve checked everything else (the vocode settings, proximity sensors, etc.) The problem is definitely the case. Anybody else have a similar issue?