My Verizon Mobile usage widget doing disappearing acts?

akhi216

Reaction score
The usage widget for the My Verizon Mobile app keeps disappearing and reappearing. It's always stuck at Connecting 95% of the time that it does appear. It's loaded on the home screen by default out of the box but it hardly ever does it's thing and when it does do it it's always way behind.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

REMilk

Reaction score
Mine works fine! Try connecting it on 3G rather than wifi or if you have been on wifi, then 3G. When I first installed it on my OG Droid, it would not connect on wifi> I switched to 3G and it connected. After this initial connection, it worked on both 3G and wifi.

Good Luck,
Bob

SecretAgentMan

Reaction score
I'm not sure this will fix the disappearing act, but it fixed my "not connecting" problem. With the widget loaded, click on it. See if it tells you to update. Follow the links to the Market and update. Remove the widget and then put it back.

OP
A

akhi216

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the suggestions and comments. I now see that once I tap on the widget it asks for my information, and once I put my information in it tells me what my data usage is. But it's not updating in real-time, in fact it doesn't update at all. It just launches the My Verizon Mobile app then updates my data usage.

It's not supposed to update in real-time?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

SecretAgentMan

Reaction score
Beats me. I just checked my widget and noticed the stats displayed on mine are still showing "as of 9/20" which is when I got it first working. I thought it would update, too. I'm going to let it sit for a couple days to see what happens.

Can someone whose widget is working correctly advise what normal behavior should be?