My thoughts on the Extended battery

OP
JeffDenver

JeffDenver

Reaction score
The extended battery case has some hollow space in it, so it would absorb a lot more shock from impact. So I dont really feel I need a case. The phone feels more durable with the extended battery case.

The only part I would worry about is the screen. But all the cases I have seen leave the screen exposed anyway.

OP
JeffDenver

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Man, I cannot believe how cool this battery runs. It barely ever feels even warm.

Was my old battery busted maybe? It did get warm sometimes while charging.

PatG

Reaction score
I have the extended battery and I cant see myself putting the stock battery back in. To go all day and not have to concern myself with battery life is just one less thing I have to worry about. The other negative is I cant find a media dock to work with it, meaning have to pop the stock battery in just to use my media dock. Other than that I dont see any other negative. I actually dont see an issue with the extra bulk. If you buy the rezound you might want to buy the extended battery as well. I wish htc would have done like motorola and make a battery that was the width of the phone so it would remain slim.

So I got the extended battery yesterday and have been using it all day today. Battery life is GREAT!! However... and this is just my personal opinion... it's just big for me to carry around every day. I have two batteries for my laptop, a normal one and an extended on, so I will also keep the extended battery for the Rezound. However, I am either in the office or my car most of the time, by a charger. If this wouldn't be the case I'll probably use the extended battery all the time. Flipping batteries on a daily bases, and carrying the battery as well as the larger case, is not practical.

For $30 I would advise anyone to buy the extended battery and just use it on trips / away from a charger / emergency, etc. Money well spent.

BTW, I went to the Verizon store again today to look at the Razr Maxx. My 2 week trial period is over tomorrow. I definetly prefer the Rezound screen. The extra thickness on the Maxx is nice, but it still feels funny. Amazing what a few milimeters do.

Keeping the Rezound!!

rezound4now

Reaction score
I am loving the extended battery to! Lasts all day and then some with heavy use. I also like the way it feels in my hand better than stock to. Honestly it looks pretty hideous though. but I'm all about functionality

dzone67

Reaction score
You guys are all convincing so much to get it! I'm broke though!

Sent from a Rezound!

calmuhl

Reaction score
rebate

I just went on Verizon to buy this, but it doesn't show the rebate upon check out. I went on their chat line and the gal didn't know anything about it. Is there a promo code or anything I might not be using? She suggested I call in the morning.

Troops2990

Reaction score
I just went on Verizon to buy this, but it doesn't show the rebate upon check out. I went on their chat line and the gal didn't know anything about it. Is there a promo code or anything I might not be using? She suggested I call in the morning.

I know when I got mine they said the deal ended in march..I'm not sure when though but the deal may be over with now. No there was no special code or anything it just rang up as half price

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
I got the extended batttery before the deal and I still think it was worth it. The bulk takes some getting used to but it's really not that bad and does feel good in your hands. I don't like any of the extended bat cases but I pay for insurance on the phone to make up for any risk... I love not having to ration my time on the rezound or stay close to outlets! I listen to pandora on 4g while studying for hours at a time - no problem!

Sent from my HTC Rezound.

dzone67

Reaction score
Like I've mentioned countless times now. Verizon Wireless is offering all batteries 50% until the end of March... SPREAD THE WORD.

Sent from a Rezound!

calmuhl

Reaction score
Just called customer support, the Droid X battery, is $38.00. It will be here Friday

blackdog043

Reaction score
I just picked up the extended battery today at Verizon at half price. OMG, it's big!! Not sure if I like it. Is there any "battery conditioning" you guys do? I know that the batteries do not have a memory, so I was just going to plug it in all night and use it tomorrow. I'll see how it works; if the size bothers me.

What do you do for cases. I am looking for a pouch style case with a magnatic flap I can just slip the phone into. Has anyone bought a such a case for the phone with the extended battery?

I'm using the pouch that my og droid was in for 2 years. It has elastic on the sides, so it will stretch, my Rezound fits in it fine. It will feel tight, but when it's on your belt it comes out easy enough. My local VZW still carries them, I didn't see it listed online. Hope that helps.
Edit: I use it with the extended battery.