My thoughts on the Extended battery

loki993

Reaction score
I got it when I got my new phone. I have yet to put it on, though I did try the back on just to see. It really is hideous. I mean really they couldn't have done any better with that back? Really? With that said it does hold in the hand really nice, you can grab that hump. It does protect the camera too. I dont know Im still on the fence about it. No this isn't the sleekest phone out there, but its not that bad either and the back just takes any of that away. I basically feel it just ruins the lines and the look of the phone

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I got it when I got my new phone. I have yet to put it on, though I did try the back on just to see. It really is hideous. I mean really they couldn't have done any better with that back? Really? With that said it does hold in the hand really nice, you can grab that hump. It does protect the camera too. I dont know Im still on the fence about it. No this isn't the sleekest phone out there, but its not that bad either and the back just takes any of that away. I basically feel it just ruins the lines and the look of the phone

I swap out mine...going between the standard battery during the week(when I'm always near an outlet) and the extended on the weekends when I'm more mobile.

cp24eva

Reaction score
I swap out mine...going between the standard battery during the week(when I'm always near an outlet) and the extended on the weekends when I'm more mobile.

This is the routine I've fell into. On the road you just need that extra juice. you never know when you'll be stuck in traffic or an extinction level event is on the rise lol.

But seriously, HTC couldn't have though about a better more flat or streamline design? I'd make a better one, but I'm just not that guy in any way, shape, or form. I have great design ideas though.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think HTC just needs to recognize that they make/buy crappy batteries and get ones that fit into real life better. Samsung and Moto do extended batteries right. Very little bulk for the increased battery gain.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
After about 2 weeks of use, I've officially decided that I don't really like the extended. The juice it offers is great, but unfortunately I don't have a standard battery to compare it to. It's just too bulky...and normally I'm fairly lenient on this. It really is like a little jetpack. If they had made the extended part just a tiny bit smaller, which I think they could have, I'd probably love it. But the fact my Bionic extended fit so perfectly into my hand, in a diztronic case nonetheless, no matter what angle I was holding it or how many hands, it always fit nicely. I admit, I miss my Bionic, but I love the Rezound and its connection as well. I lost a best friend, but I gained a new lover. Should be getting a slim-extended today or tomorrow, so I'm excited to see how that works out...

graywolf

Reaction score
Well, I went for it! And the battery life is ridiculous. It is awesome and adds a nice bit of bulk to it that I love. It makes the phone feel so much more pleasant in your hands. The only thing I hate is the curved back so it rocks on a flat surface.