My SD card is too cluttered

m3kilpat

Reaction score
So the root of my SD card is completely cluttered with a ton of folders that were put there by various apps. I really don't like this. I wish everything would be in one folder called Apps or something of that nature. I have put a few folders on the SD root such as wallpapers and other apps, but now the root is just so ugly and cluttered.

Are there any SD cleanup apps or a way to clean it manually without it screwing up my programs? The thing I hate most is that pictures are stored in multiple folder locations.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So the root of my SD card is completely cluttered with a ton of folders that were put there by various apps. I really don't like this. I wish everything would be in one folder called Apps or something of that nature. I have put a few folders on the SD root such as wallpapers and other apps, but now the root is just so ugly and cluttered.

Are there any SD cleanup apps or a way to clean it manually without it screwing up my programs? The thing I hate most is that pictures are stored in multiple folder locations.

Astro File Manager. That should fix you up.

jkayner

Reaction score
i doubt you can change the folder locations without breaking some apps. unless you can somehow change where the apps look...

OP
m3kilpat

m3kilpat

Reaction score
Astro File Manager. That should fix you up.

Astro does not do any sort of cleanup. How does having a program to access my SD card help me any more than me just accessing it through my computer in the first place? The main issue is can I move folders around on my SD card freely or will this mess up the apps that put them there?

mpax9

Reaction score
This is my only complaint about the Droid as well. I've tried to go in to the SD Card (via mounting) to clean it up but it's a diaster - folder names are difficult to interpret, there's remnants of apps that I've uninstalled, no "pictures" folder, etc.

I'd love it if there was something that would give me complete control of this area or at least let me put all APPS into their own folder.

coolkidd

Reaction score
I have a folder named "Media" and all of my pictures, music, movies are in here (including an Audio folders with Notifications, Alarms, and Ringtones. The rest, I do not mind at all.

tktouch12

Reaction score
we should be able to tell apps where to put their stuff, just saying
i like my sd card files, and computer, and ipod files to all be nicely organized so i can find everything without freaking out

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
i doubt you can change the folder locations without breaking some apps. unless you can somehow change where the apps look...

I agree...The app will not work or just recreate the folder...