My Rezound Review

OP
NightAngel79

NightAngel79

Reaction score
Great review. Enjoyed it very much. Not a much as I am enjoying me Rezound though... :)

Thanks! I completely agree! Love my precious! Nexus who? :p

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

L

leroybrute

Yes the Rezound is faster than the Incredible, still not worth the upgrade in my book, only thing going for it is 4 G LTE which is a battery killer, and as we know HTC again skimped on the battery for such a power hungry phone the battery is a joke, and a slap in the face to the people who spend $300 on this new smartphone.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

What the joke is arm chair cell phone users comparing a dinc to a rezound or talk about battery life. The slap in the face comes from you implying we waisted $300 on a phone you think has poor battery life and ripped off. My x2 or bionic doesn't get any better battery life than my rezound. And even if they did they aren't near the overall phone the rezound is. I will let you know how the battery in the Nexus is after I run it it a couple of days. So far it doesn't look to good.
I'm pretty happy with the battery life comparing it to my other smart phones. We can also put an 1800mah battery under the stock cover.

Last edited by a moderator:

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still own the Incredible and it still rocks, wow putting down the Incredible so as to justify your Rezound purchase is laughable, wow really 138 apps, and your reasoning is that you can update multiple apps at the same time and also do browsing with no lag, really, I can do that with the Incredible, and why the NEED to browse while updating your apps, all 138:) of them, my Incredible is still blazing fast, and most of my app updates are done on my blazing fast WiFi network, there is no phone in the market today that would make me upgrade my Incredible, checked out the Rezound at Verizon, nice phone, but nothing special, and the battery still is underpowered for its hardware, HTC still has not learned. Rezound is a nice phone, but the Incredible almost 2 years old still holds its ground. Only thing missing from the Incredible is 4G LTE, otherwise HTC has not even come close to maching it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

He is not putting down the Incredible. It's a 2 year old phone, and while nice, it isn't in the same ballpark as today's flagship phones.

I don't think that he is trying to justify buying the Rezound nearly as much as you are trying to justify NOT upgrading your Inc. ;-)

OP
NightAngel79

NightAngel79

Reaction score
What the joke is arm chair cell phone users comparing a dinc to a rezound or talk about battery life. The slap in the face comes from you implying we waisted $300 on a phone you think has poor battery life and ripped off. My x2 or bionic doesn't get any better battery life than my rezound. And even if they did they aren't near the overall phone the rezound is. I will let you know how the battery in the Nexus is after I run it it a couple of days. So far it doesn't look to good.
I'm pretty happy with the battery life comparing it to my other smart phones. We can also put an 1800mah battery under the stock cover.
+1 :D
He is not putting down the Incredible. It's a 2 year old phone, and while nice, it isn't in the same ballpark as today's flagship phones.

I don't think that he is trying to justify buying the Rezound nearly as much as you are trying to justify NOT upgrading your Inc. ;-)

;)
You are wise, lol

scottd

Reaction score
Rezound

I just have to say that your review is great. I know exactly what you are talking about with the apps updating. This reminds me of the way my Droid X was. It took forever to update apps even on wi-fi. I upgraded to a Bionic in September and was so frustrated by the constant loss of my data connection that I had to fight with Verizon and after a month of fighting and complaining and emailing, They finally gave me a choice between the RAZR and Rezound. I chose the Rezound because of the RAZR's lack of an extended battery option as well as the width of it. The Rezound fits better in my hand even with the extended battery. The RAZR may be thin but it's also wide and if it had any of the data drops associated with the Bionic, I wanted nothing to do with it. Choosing the Rezound was an easy decision for me. I will admit that the Rezound is my first HTC phone and I am very happy with it so far after only a few days of use. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved my Bionic if it could maintain a data connection, but even after the long awaited OTA maintenance update, it still had issues. The Rezound is hands down a better experience. I actually get 4G/LTE signal at home now more than 3G in my fringe area when my Bionic got 3G much more often.

The only drawbacks I can see on the rezound in my opinion are as follows:

The speaker phone is not as loud and clear as the Bionic.
The battery life could be better.
I miss MotoCast remote PC access.
Phone is a little thick with extended battery and case.

These are minor sacrifices to make for the outstanding performance of the Rezound. Now, if I could only get used to Sense.

L

leroybrute

I just have to say that your review is great. I know exactly what you are talking about with the apps updating. This reminds me of the way my Droid X was. It took forever to update apps even on wi-fi. I upgraded to a Bionic in September and was so frustrated by the constant loss of my data connection that I had to fight with Verizon and after a month of fighting and complaining and emailing, They finally gave me a choice between the RAZR and Rezound. I chose the Rezound because of the RAZR's lack of an extended battery option as well as the width of it. The Rezound fits better in my hand even with the extended battery. The RAZR may be thin but it's also wide and if it had any of the data drops associated with the Bionic, I wanted nothing to do with it. Choosing the Rezound was an easy decision for me. I will admit that the Rezound is my first HTC phone and I am very happy with it so far after only a few days of use. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved my Bionic if it could maintain a data connection, but even after the long awaited OTA maintenance update, it still had issues. The Rezound is hands down a better experience. I actually get 4G/LTE signal at home now more than 3G in my fringe area when my Bionic got 3G much more often.

The only drawbacks I can see on the rezound in my opinion are as follows:

The speaker phone is not as loud and clear as the Bionic.
The battery life could be better.
I miss MotoCast remote PC access.
Phone is a little thick with extended battery and case.

These are minor sacrifices to make for the outstanding performance of the Rezound. Now, if I could only get used to Sense.

Congrats.
I knewI would see someone from the Moto forums here. Is it strange to you that there is a 4g phone that holds data and 3g and 4g hand offs work? With a nice screen and best camera. I haven't had to pull a battery for so long I forgot how to. I really wish we could port motocast over to the rezound. But it is more refreshing that I have a working smart phone. My wife is using the nexus I said I was getting until the end of next week if they haven't fixed the data screen issues with it.

azdrifter

Reaction score
I just recently upgraded my Incredible for the Droid X2 and I will say that the x2 has it's benefits but I do miss the UI that HTC has, hands down it is the smoothest and cleanest UI I have personally used. Before I upgraded my Dinc i was running Sense 3.5 and I really liked it but the fact that the single core doesn't really handle the 3.5 very well I had plenty of lagging and alot of force closes.
I can't speak for those who keep their phones stock because I rooted my x2 an hour after i got it home,but for longer battery life rooting and flashing has always helped extend my battery life. (i.e.my current rom on my x2 is giving me 12-16 hours of battery life while the stock was giving me 6-9) My Dinc always had better battery life on custom roms and even when i was using the extended battery that was so huge it made my phone look like an Iphone:mad: custom roms always gave me at least 2 -3 hours of better battery life.
As for the rezound that was originally the first option for me but when I decided to also purchase a Tablet I opted for the less expensive phone with the dual core:p

And NightAngel79 I read your review I can't say that it was something I wasn't expecting because being a former Incredible owner I have tremendous respect for the Htc lineup but it was a very good review congratulations !

Last edited:

scottd

Reaction score
Congrats.
I knewI would see someone from the Moto forums here. Is it strange to you that there is a 4g phone that holds data and 3g and 4g hand offs work? With a nice screen and best camera. I haven't had to pull a battery for so long I forgot how to. I really wish we could port motocast over to the rezound. But it is more refreshing that I have a working smart phone. My wife is using the nexus I said I was getting until the end of next week if they haven't fixed the data screen issues with it.

Hi leroybrute, Nice to see a familiar name over here. I was about to give up on 4G/LTE altogether and go back to my DX until VZW finally gave me the Rezound. They didn't give me the earphones though. I actually love the screen on this thing and the data connection is great. I haven't had to do a battery pull either. I went through 4 Bionics and my wife still has one. It is funny because we were going to see a movie today and I asked her to look up what time it was at and she was pulling the battery out of her Bionic and telling me she has no data connection. I handed her my Rezound and said "here, look it up on my phone". LOL. It is a shame that Moto can't get the Bionic to work right because it would be a decent phone if it was more reliable. The constant data drops and BSODs and random reboots were driving me nuts. I couldn't imagine being stuck with it for 2 years. I do hope they fix it though because I still have another Bionic that I am going to use as a media hub and hook it up to the TV. I have no service on it so I will use wi-fi. I love my like-new Rezound so far and I am so glad I finally have a phone that I can make my own. I just need to figure out Sense.

Good luck with the Nexus. I will be sticking to the Rezound for a while.

L

leroybrute

Hi leroybrute, Nice to see a familiar name over here. I was about to give up on 4G/LTE altogether and go back to my DX until VZW finally gave me the Rezound. They didn't give me the earphones though. I actually love the screen on this thing and the data connection is great. I haven't had to do a battery pull either. I went through 4 Bionics and my wife still has one. It is funny because we were going to see a movie today and I asked her to look up what time it was at and she was pulling the battery out of her Bionic and telling me she has no data connection. I handed her my Rezound and said "here, look it up on my phone". LOL. It is a shame that Moto can't get the Bionic to work right because it would be a decent phone if it was more reliable. The constant data drops and BSODs and random reboots were driving me nuts. I couldn't imagine being stuck with it for 2 years. I do hope they fix it though because I still have another Bionic that I am going to use as a media hub and hook it up to the TV. I have no service on it so I will use wi-fi. I love my like-new Rezound so far and I am so glad I finally have a phone that I can make my own. I just need to figure out Sense.

Don't wish me luck, wish my wife luck! I use the Rezound. She said she hadn't heard me threaten a phone for a whole month and took the nexus away and told me it would be better than her charge. So she has been using it. It's worse than the bionic and charge as far as data issues go. And a bunch of bugs. The bugs we can live with but the data issues we can't and won't. So if sammy don't fix it this week she will be sportin a rezound also.

OP
NightAngel79

NightAngel79

Reaction score
As for the rezound that was originally the first option for me but when I decided to also purchase a Tablet I opted for the less expensive phone with the dual core:p

And NightAngel79 I read your review I can't say that it was something I wasn't expecting because being a former Incredible owner I have tremendous respect for the Htc lineup but it was a very good review congratulations !
Thanks!! ;)
LOVE this phone, and I'm familiar with the old sense from Inc(1.0) and 3.5 is still surprising me in ways

Hands down the screen on this thing is the greatest thing i ever saw on a phone!!