khaledkhalifeh
New Member
my razr is getting too hot in 4-10 mins of normal usage, and it could burn my hands and restart >>>>whats wrong with it <<its new> do you think that all motorola phones have the same issue ?? do u...
The Razr/Maxx has an issue with a couple of issues leading to heat problems. Combining the 4G radio and a bright screen, the Wifi Radio or charging it will cause the battery to heat up over 113 degrees once it does it will start heating up more often and faster. The excessive heat starts causing the chemistry of the Lithium Polymer Battery to break down.
TisMyDroid said:If your phone has 3g/4g on with a poor signal or wifi on with no available wifi or if it is still set to global data... those things especially combined with 100° weather and screen brightness at 100% can cause it to get too hot. First thing would be to go into settings and make sure data is set to LTE/CDMA (Settings---> More...---> Mobile networks---> Network mode). Turn off wifi when wifi is not available. Turn off data if you are in a weak area. Turn screen brightness to auto.
Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
I agree, hot weather alone doesn't cause the overheat. But combining an overworked cpu with a bright screen and ambient heat will cause some problems. I don't worry about mine getting warm to somewhat hot anymore, but if you get the screen heat error, that's to hot. I got that one time since I've had my RAZR