My phone won't go in landscape anymore?!

Diordna

Reaction score
Why? Out of nowhere it stopped working, it's annoying I can't watch YouTube big screen. Yes the auto rotate box is on. I guess I'll try a reset but anyone else had this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
By reset you don't mean factory reset do you? Just do a "hard" reset, with the phone on hold down the power button and the volume down button until the phone reboots. Should take about 8 seconds or so.

eagle923

Reaction score
Rebooting usually fixes it. If that doesn't work: Uncheck the box for auto rotate, reboot, re-check the box and reboot. It may just be confused. (Try yelling loudly at it too?)

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
No I meant reboot off and on lol and I already did and it fixed it, I thought of that while I was making this thread which is weird thanks though!

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Yup my maxx has done this 3 times since I've owned it. I just restart the phone. Hoping a future update will fix this and hoping it's not a hardware thing.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has happened to me also. It seems to follow after a screen time out while being in landscape.
Have pin pointed any particular app, yet!
Reboot always fixes it

Another...
----posted maxx'ed out----

Apex89

Reaction score
My phone does this from time to time as well. Mainly, when I am playing temple run, and the motion controls stop working. Then I try to text using the horizontal keyboard and it will not turn horizontal. The only fix I know of is to just restart the phone. After that it works fine but it gets annoying!

jdparise

Reaction score
my razr also did it and when I was taking pictures they were all showing up upside down. Reboot fixes it.

mcmynd

Reaction score
Yes rebooting helps but I find with mine if i just push the power button to put my phone in stand by wait a few seconds then again it usually works fine. But there are times you just need to reboot.

huskur

Reaction score
Yes rebooting helps but I find with mine if i just push the power button to put my phone in stand by wait a few seconds then again it usually works fine. But there are times you just need to reboot.

I have had this happen only once. I just put mine in "sleep" mode and then woke it back up. That was my fix.