My phone isnt turning on suddenly...

neal121

Reaction score
So I was at a comedian, used the phone before it started, put it in my pocket, then afterwards, was trying to check it and it won't do anything. Doesnt respond. Held the standby/power and nothing happens. Hooked it up to the charger, nothing.

:( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took the battery out, hooked it up, nothing. Checked the water icon thing by the battery, I think normal is the red x's, not completely colored in like the stickers do when wet.

Have had the phone for 9 days!

EDIT: Ok it turned on after being plugged in for 5 minutes but the battery is 80%. Why would it shut off and not turn back on for so long?

Last edited:

medicTHREE

Reaction score
a) let it sit on charger for a bit. It won't turn on if completely dead. b) return to where you got it and get it replaced. Try a first.

OP
N

neal121

Reaction score
Well it turned on but it says it has 80% battery. if it was completely dead, thats some pretty fast charging for 5 minutes. So the battery was still pretty full.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Try removing the battery and reinserting. The other thing that could have happened is an app got stuck running and overheated.

OP
N

neal121

Reaction score
Hopefully it was just some app, nothing serious.

RedRocker

Reaction score
Mine has done that twice now, put it on standby, push the button later and get nothing.
I can take the battery out and reinstall it and it will turn on. Battery was at 40% today with a fresh charge this morning and zero use all day. Any ideas?

BFunk78

Reaction score
I am having the same issue.
I have had the droid for 3 weeks, worked fine, no lockups or battery pulls, and love the phone. The last 2 things I installed were last Thursday, Games 'wordup' and 'jewels.' I have played them and everything was fine everyday until Monday morning. Went to bed with a full charge, sunday night, set to standby, wake up at 8am, and the phone is off, and won't power on. Pull battery and it powers on at 80% battery. Lasted all day, charged at 8pm till 11 or so. Look at phone at 1:30am and by 8am Tuesday morning, not turned on, won't turn on, pull battery, run all day.

I have since uninstalled the last 2 games, and the only other thing I have done is updated google maps. I didnt think to look for an application running, before, but I have made sure none is now. I will try again tonight, and see what the morning brings. I hate to ask for an exchange phone, but its kinda a pain.
I figure the store will want to replicate the process but how could I unless they keep it.
But it should be under 30 days, plus a warranty, plus I have insurance.
Maybe the OTA update will fix it too..

RedRocker

Reaction score
They gave me a new battery, somehow I don't think that was the problem, but we'll see.
I downloaded the map thing this morning too, only game I have is solitaire. Don't have anything running as near as I can tell. I'll see how it goes for the next couple of days.

lhfarm

Reaction score
They gave me a new battery, somehow I don't think that was the problem, but we'll see.
I downloaded the map thing this morning too, only game I have is solitaire. Don't have anything running as near as I can tell. I'll see how it goes for the next couple of days.
I'm having the battery drains while phone is off issue. Verzion just wanted to give me a new battery. Didn't solve the issue. Trying to find a solution on this board and elsewhere.

Barry