Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lol... I hear ya :)

Beckeramos

Reaction score
Is there any difference in disabling apps with a stock maxx through manage apps than freezing apps with tit backup with a rooted phone?

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is there any difference in disabling apps with a stock maxx through manage apps than freezing apps with tit backup with a rooted phone?

I don't think there is a "difference" so to speak, but some of the apps and services in that list can't be frozen unless your phone is rooted. :)

Beckeramos

Reaction score
Forget that. I forgot not everything can be disabled through a stock phone.

Beckeramos

Reaction score
MattyP said:
I don't think there is a "difference" so to speak, but some of the apps and services in that list can't be frozen unless your phone is rooted. :)

Right sorry about that... Had a bitty brain fart.

4April

Reaction score
Do I have to get rooted to freeze all of these apps? Should I freeze ALL of these apps?

4April

Reaction score
Ok I'm sorry. I went back and read it. I guess I need to root and get the update first.

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok I'm sorry. I went back and read it. I guess I need to root and get the update first.

No problem. :)

If you are not rooted and running ICS 4.0.4 you can "freeze" or disable apps that are in your app drawer. But if they are not in your app drawer and they are on this list, then yes, your phone needs to be rooted. Hope this helps! :)

And welcome to the forums!

4April

Reaction score
Thank you I'm glad I found a place to get some answers. Now I just need to go read up on getting rooted then I can up date. I might as well do it all:icon_ devil:

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thank you I'm glad I found a place to get some answers. Now I just need to go read up on getting rooted then I can up date. I might as well do it all:icon_ devil:

I can help you with the rooting, it's easy as pie these days, but have to get some info first ...

What version are you running? Hit your Menu Button and then System Settings and then scroll down to About Phone and tell me what System Version you are running. :)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
They have made rooting a pretty painless process these days with the Razr Utility found in the Hacks Section made my MattLGroff.

It is a fast improvement on having to type out the ADB Shell commands on your own, having to do it over a couple of times because you missed a space or fat fingered a letter somewhere.

Now you start up a Utility and plug in your phone, hit 1 button and sit back and watch it work. Much nicer :)

4April

Reaction score
MattyP, I am running 211 and I thank you for your help

Sydman, that sounds good to me. I don't know what I'm doing so one click is what I need! I found the utility. I hope it's the right one I'm getting 1.81?

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score